𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

The voices were calling out to me once again.

"Lorelei," they chanted, flashes of them whisking around me, but just like every time, if I tried to see them, I was left in darkness.

At the beginning of these visions, dreams, or whatever else I could possibly call them, I was afraid. Afraid of the darkness, of the unknown that surrounded me.

Yet something was different about this time. I was still wary, still confused about why I kept ending up in this desolate, intriguing place, devoid of everything, yet I was never alone.

I was calm.

I never got the answers that I was searching for by being frantic, and I was much too tired to put up a fight about it. As much as I didn't trust it, at the same time, I knew that I was safe here.

"Something seems different about you this time," a voice spoke to me. This voice was different than the one who had called out to me in my last encounter here.

"I'm accepting my fate, being here," I replied, cautious of the tone I spoke in. "It seems as if I cannot control my presence in this place, so I will let it happen."

Though I could not see any faces, I could almost feel a smile, one that dripped like honey, looking at me.

"You are getting ready, then," it spoke.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"Your answers will come in time. Stop looking for what your mind isn't capable of yet."

I sighed. I was trying to remain calm, but like every other time, I could not keep the frustration from overcoming me in waves.

"This is what I mean. You figured out a piece of the puzzle on your own the last time, did you not?" it cooed. This voice had a sweeter tone than the last I spoke with, and was ever more patient.

It was right. I closed my eyes, trying to remember what happened. Then, it hit me.

I closed my phantom eyes, willing the Force to flow steadily around me. The voice that just called to me became a visual. I did not see neither a face nor a body, but it was almost like I understood exactly what I was seeing.

"Ephemeral," I answered. "Light indigo, almost, with a hint of light, but not quite white."

"Correct. See, you must trust yourself before you are to understand your destiny, and who you really are. What lies within is what we block out most," the Ephemeral replied.

"I trusted the force, and detached myself from my reality," I answered.

"Indeed, you did. Your journey relies on not only your trust, but understanding something deep within you," it replied.

"So, to find an answer about you, I must do the same?" I asked.

"You already know the answer to that, young one."

So I closed my phantom eyes once again, and I reached out with the Force, allowing it to consume me. As history was to repeat itself, this voice became a visual as well, though once again, I was seeing something that wasn't a person, a creature, nor a face, but I did understand, in whatever complexities that the Force willed me to.

"Saccharine," I said. "Soft hues that are not pink nor red. Rose, not the flower, but the shades. Sweet like sugar, yet cloyingly agreeable."

"Right, you are," the Saccharine replied. "There is a lot you can see when you detach yourself, and let the exploration take it's inner course."