𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

The dawn creeped with an appearance less of a shadow, but as one with indignant force. I was not yet ready to be awakened by the streams of sunlight, but alas, peace cannot last forever.

The few moments I had of it always seemed to revolve around Anakin. His arms were draped over me, my body held as close to his as imaginable, and though it was in an endearing manner, I felt oddly, but justly protected.

My safe haven in a galaxy of chaos.

I willed myself to stay perfectly still, knowing that even the slightest of movements would cause him to stir, the consequences of a life riddled with war and nightmares.

Completely different, yet one in the same.

I focused my thoughts instead of the day ahead. My mind felt more at ease about the looming conversation with the Council that must ensue. I was excited to retell the becomings of our adventures in a world unknown to anyone else, but the guilt of my secret affair was not one that would be taken kindly by the Order.

Though I knew as well as the next that simply not speaking of it would free me from any material consequences, my sins would be admonished in the back of my subconscious.

The complexities of our current situation were somewhat laughable, really. One one hand, the care and devotion that we had for one another was looked upon fondly by the likes of the Thought Leaders and other Void beings, but on the other, it would make us outcasts of the Order.

Laughable, how the place we were sent held the same yet intrinsically different values.

Telling myself that in one piece of the puzzle, this affection I harbored was acceptable was the only thing keeping me from running as far from it as possible. I had been raised by an Order that taught me to free myself from any attachments, to place myself in the world selflessly.

And thus my mind argued back and forth with itself, as it so often liked to.

"Good morning, angel," a sleepy Anakin greeted, his husky voice laced with the sound of sleep.

I smiled to myself, secretly glad to know that he had slept through the night.

"Someone slept well."

"It seems that I only do when I have you beside me," he admitted, as I rolled over to see a tint of pink appear on his cheeks.

I ran a hand through his hair, never seeming to get enough of his perfectly placed curls, even slightly unkempt from a night's rest. "Guess we'll have to do this more often."

"Can't complain about that. Though, as much as I'd like to stay here forever, we have quite a busy day ahead of us."

I rolled my eyes playfully, knowing full well I had already played out these events time and time again in my head. 

"Five more minutes?" I sighed, bargaining for time that was little to begin with.

He kissed my forehead. "I guess the Council can wait."

I took my five minutes to heart, shamelessly staring into his beautiful blue eyes, trailing my own away only for a second to meet the tanned skin on his wonderfully chiseled chest. 

It was unfair, really, for the universe to place a man that was made by the gods themselves into an Order that forbade such desires.

"If you keep looking at me like that, you might not like how it turns out," he murmured slyly, holding my gaze.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah," he smirked, "And I can guarantee we'd need a lot more than just five minutes."