𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I awoke out of a dreamless sleep to the early morning light flooding into my room. Begrudgingly, I got up, not ready to face any more consequences of my unapproved departure to Tatooine. Still, I was glad that the Council had not reprimanded me further, but I was slightly disturbed by their warning of Anakin.

I had found such a solace within our friendship that I felt a pang of guilt for considering distancing myself from him. I wondered what Master Kenobi thought of how the Council viewed Anakin- rash- as Master Windu put it, for the two seemed so close.

A few soft knocks at my door interrupted me from my thoughts, and I was grateful for the distraction, until I opened it to reveal my master with a sullen look on her face.

Kriff.

"Lorelei, did you think I would not hear about your little... adventure?" she started, making her way to a chair in my room.

I held my breath. "Master, I-"

Before I could continue to speak, she cut me off.

"I just cannot fathom what went through your mind that made you think going all the way to the Outer Rim was a good idea."

"To be completely honest, I knew it was a bad idea. I just could not let Anakin go alone," I replied, saddened at her disapproval, though I knew it was deserved.

She sighed. "Sometimes, we have to let others make mistakes on their own. It is too dangerous to get involved with the affairs of others."

"But his mother died!" I exclaimed.

"As sad as I am to hear that, there is a reason we must be mindful about our attachments, young one. Both for Padawan Skywalker and his mother, and it seems... yourself and the Padawan, as well," she cautioned.

"I don't have any real attachments," I reminded her.

Her lips curved up a little at my statement. "Oh, but I think you do. Your friendship with that boy has not gone unnoticed."

"Is that why the Council warned me about him?" I pondered, a wave of realization overcoming me.

"Perhaps," she said pensively, "Though I don't think they see it to the extent that I do."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Feelings are... only natural, but as Jedi, we must look past them for the greater good," she remarked.

I huffed. "You sound just like Leena. I don't have feelings for him, though I am grateful for a friend my age. I care too much about my devotion to the Order than to harbor unnecessary feelings. All I have ever dreamed of in life is becoming a great Jedi."

She smiled. "And you will, in due time. I'm glad you have your priorities straight, but remember, even friendships can be considered attachments to the Council, though I think it's healthy to have them."

Relief flooded over me, and I was grateful to have a master as understanding and wise as her. "Thank you, Master."

"Of course, Lorelei. I'll leave you to the rest of your day, but do try not to get into any trouble," she reminded playfully.

"Don't you worry. I'm not planning on going anywhere."

Three failed attempts at meditating later, I left my room with a sigh. I felt at ease after talking to Master Secura, but something was troubling me that I could not clear my mind. Aimlessly, I started walking through the halls of the Temple.

Without thinking, my feet took me to the West gardens.

I always preferred the East gardens to the West. The views were somewhat similar, but I found that I felt more content with the lushness that the East provided. Their tall pillars were snaked with small, beautiful, cherubic and white flowers, and a dense foliage of ferns. Tulips, baby's breath, and starflowers flooded them, with only a few small chairs to show any signs of use. It was a field of serenity, one that I could get lost in forever.