𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

A hazy light enveloped my surroundings as I was jolted awake for no particular reason. The thought alone was enough to make a sigh leave my lips; I had already spent an ungodly amount of time tossing and turning. The darkness of my room was only disrupted by the glistening Coruscanti skyline, and this was enough to tell me that it was far too early to be awake.

I hadn't seen Anakin at all the day prior, though it was partly my fault for not seeking him out. I had a fair amount of guilt resting on my chest about not confiding in him about my vision, but in my own defense, I knew that he would worry, and I didn't want to cause another reason for his night terrors.

Though, being apart from him probably did not warrant a good night's sleep for him either.

Against my better judgement, I crept down the hall to find his door. There was nothing wrong with a knight leaving her room, as we had no curfew, but in a floor full of Jedi, someone would be suspicious to find me outside his room at this hour.

If there was anything to know about Anakin, it was that he could never seemed to be bothered with minuscule tasks, and for that, I knew he would not have remembered to lock his door.

As it so often happens, I was right.

His door slid open with ease, and I was not at all surprised to find him not in his bed, but instead tinkering with some mechanical pieces that were strewn across his desk.

He turned around hastily as the door clicked shut, visibly startled by my sudden appearance.

"Sorry," I mumbled sheepishly.

As he registered that it was me standing in the middle of his room, his shoulders relaxed and he seemed relatively unfazed. Anakin strode over to where I stood and wrapped his arms around me. "If you wanted a sleepover, you could have just asked. I'd have you by my side in an instant, and you wouldn't have to lift a foot."

A smile crept to my face as I took in his presence and let his charmingly sweet words float into my mind. I could breathe him in for a lifetime, the smell of soap and musky bergamot were not distinct in and of themselves, but on him was wondrous.

"I couldn't sleep," I admitted, fighting back a yawn that was threatening to take over the moment.

"If you haven't already deduced it, me neither," he laughed.

I placed my forehead to his and let my lips linger just close to his, though Anakin wasted no time in breaching the gap between us. Every small movement was the purest form of bliss that I could comprehend; every kiss was delicate but laced with a fiery passion.

Our souls were made for each other, and every ounce of me wanted to shout it to the galaxy, but we had no such luxury, so I was content with our confinement of closed doors and midnight whispers.

Even when our lips were not together, Anakin seemed to find any way to prove his affection, peppering soft kisses to my forehead, drawing hearts on the small of my back with his fingertips. Every moment that I was secured in his embrace was more than the riches of any planet could bestow.

"You're so intoxicating," he drawled, his gaze piercing mine shamelessly.

"Maybe it's because of the way I feel about you."

"Or maybe it's the way I do," he countered.

I let a whisper of a giggle escape my lips. "We could go on about this all night."

"But I would still win."

"Would not," I argued, poking his side.

"Would too."