Father or Not?

Chapter 12

"Mommy." I groaned and wrapped my arms around the familar small waist pulling Zoey down and wrapping my arms around her.

"Mommy!" She giggled. "Shhh mommy's tired." I yawned hiding my face deep in my covers. "But mommy Auntie Quin's here." She whispered combing my hair back to see my face. I peeked open one eye to see a freshly showered Zoe in her ballet outfit.

"What time is it?" I squealed throwing the covers off of us and jumping off the bed. Since the sheets were tangled around my feet I ended up falling face down on to my beige carpet. "Mommy you're silly." Zoey giggled before gracefully jumping off the bed.

"She clearly didn't get her balance from you." My neck snapped to the familar blonde girl who was leaning against my door frame eating a red apple.

"Where the hell have you been!" I yelled jumping on my feet and crossing my arms. "Goodmorning to you too sunshine." She snorted rolling her eyes.

I glared at her until she sighed and plopped down on my bed. "Zoe why don't you wake up Joey so he can get ready." She smiled shooing Zoe out the door before turning to me.

"You might want to sit." She cringed wiping her palms on her black jeans. Slowly I sat on the chair a couple feet away.

"I went back to New York." She said simply. My heart lurched in my heart hearing of the place I now feared. "What'd you find?" I immediately asked.

"Heath's gone mad. He's looking everywhere for you. He wont stop until he finds you." She said frowning at her feet.

I could feel the air rush out of my lungs. I knew Heath would figure out I left. But I thought he would move on. Or at least I prayed he'd find his mate.

"I'm sorry Ariana. I dont know why my brother is the way he is." She cried standing to her feet and pacing around nervously.

"Quin." I snapped stopping her from moving. "It's not your fault. Now help me get ready." I assured her smiling. She breathed in before nodding.

An hour later we were all in my SUV talking about going to the beach.

"Whoa cute ballet shoes! Who bought them?" Quin squealed pointing at Zoey's new pale pink ballet shoes that laced up to mid thigh.

"Prince did!" She yelled out smiling while Joey glared at her shoes. "Prince?" She whispered to me.

"Caleb." I muttered pulling into the Rec center. Immediately the twins unbuckled themselves and ran out of the car with us right behind them.

"Do they know?" She askes after we dropped off Zoey. I shook my head and kept my eyes on Joey who was talking to another little boy. He refused to walk next to us because he said that it is' uncool' to walk with his mom.

Now I know how my dad felt when I told him that. Ouch.

"When are you planning to tell them." She asked pulling on my arm to stop. "I dont know... when I'm sure Caleb won't run out on them." I sighed pulling on the bottom of my long hair.

"As much as I hate the guy. I think he should be in the twins life -as their father not a stranger." She frowned before continuing on her way to thw baseball field as I stood frozen in middle of the hall.

Should I tell them?

'Yes' my wolf said sounding just as worried as I was.

I should talk to Caleb first. Now that thought made me nervous. We hadn't spoken to each other since two weeks ago. After he left that night I kept my distance. He still came for Zoey and tried to take Joey almost every four days a week. But I made him wait outside for her.

I wasn't scared of him. I was far from scared of him. I was just terrified of who he turned to. But I loved him non the less. And that thought killed me inside.

I'm not a home wrecker. I wasn't going to break a marriage.

I shook the thoughts away from my head before pulling out my cell phone.

'We need to talk.' I typed sending the message. Not even a second later he responded.

'I'll be there tonight."

Authors Note- I think that is the shortest chapter ever in the unuverse. But I wanted to write something new. But what do you guys think! Should the twins know about Caleb? Should Caleb know about Heath?