To Take The Out Or Not

Chapter Thirty-Two

Ariana Belle

Silence.

It surrounded us like smoke. Suffocating me

I hugged him tighter hoping that he would respond but I got nothing, nothing but the suffocating silence.

"Caleb ..."

"Please tell me you rejected him."

Squeezing my eyes shut I clung tighter onto him. Praying to the moon goddess that he wouldn't hate me.

"Fuck! No... no ... this isn't happening." He hissed unwrapping my hold on him. Turning his back to me he pulled on his locks and let out a yell.

"I'm sorry ... please stop ... I'm sorry!" I cried as his fists began to plummet the bookshelf causing all the books to tumble down.

Rushing over to him I pulled his fist down and stood in front of him. Squirming with fear as his black eyes glared down into my own.

"Please Caleb..." I whimpered keeping his gaze locked as I cautiously edged closer to him.

I had no idea what I was begging for.

For him to calm down, not to hurt himself.

To forgive me.

To forgive Jacob.

Not to reject me.

That he wouldn't hate me for having these feelings.

Taking his fist into my hand I raised them to my lips and laid a small kiss on his healing cuts.

Tears of guilt began to haze my vision as he continued to stare at me.

How could I have these feelings for Jacob when I was blessed with my mate.

"Do you love him?" His hoarse voice cut through the silence making me wish for silence this time.

"I love you, Caleb you are my mate, my love, my everything." I cried cupping his cheeks with the palm of my hands.

Standing on the tips of my toes I gave him a tear filled kiss, one which was not returned. Making a small sob echo through the trashed office.

"That wasn't what I asked Ariana." Looking up I met his gaze. His eyes lost their anger and was instead replaced with dread and hurt.

Biting down on his lip he caressed my cheek giving me a small kiss before storming out of the office.

Snapping out of my daze I ran after him only to stop as someone wrapped their arms around my waist and held me back.

"What the hell, let me go!" I screamed thrashing against their hold only to be held tighter.

Turning around I faced Vince. Shaking his head he pulled me into his chest and held me as hiccups of tears coursed through my body.

"He's going to leave me." I mumbled into his chest.

"He wouldn't. He'd be an idiot to leave you Rosita." He chuckled kissing the top of my head.

Shaking my head I pulled away from his embrace. "I hurt him."

"He hurt you." He scoffed crossing his arms as he glared at his feet.

"We aren't children Vincent. We are adults! He and I have beautiful twins and a pack we have to look after. But how can we do that when we keep messing up and acting like stupid immature teens?" I shouted pulling on the ends of my hair.