The Game!

Chapter Twenty

5:40 ..... 6:55 .... 10:00. I sighed and dropped the rag that I was holding.

He isn't coming. What kind of fool was I? I sadly shook my head and put away all the cleaning supplies. I walked towards the living room to see the twins and Nat spawled out fast asleep.

I got a hold of Natalia's mom and she more than loved the idea of Nat spending the night. To be honest I wasn't liking that lady very much.

But I was glad she was here. She's such a sweetheart and she kept the twins occupied while I stressed out.

My ears twitched as I heard noise coming from the front door. I growled lowly and quickly but quietly made my way over. As soon as the dark figure shut the door I ran and tackled him.

"Ari!" I let out a small gasp as I took in who it was, Caleb. "Not that I'm not liking this position .... but why is your make-up smeared." He frowned wiping underneath my eyes.

"Ugh no reason." I mumbled getting up only to be pulled back down. "You thought I wouldn't come." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "You don't trust me." He growled.

My eyes glared down at him as I breathed in. "You haven't given me a reason to." I spat out. Immediately his soft face turned hard as he turned us over to he was on top.

"You don't let me in!" He whisper-shouted. He was right. I sighed and looked up at him. Was it ever going to stop.

The feeling of never being good enough for him. The feeling that he would reject me again. Were we ever going to be happy?

"Only if you open up to me Ariana." He leaned down and gently kissed my lips. I blushed realizing that I once again had spoken out loud.

"What took so long?" I blurted out.

"She wouldn't let me leave. Then Adrian called me and told me that they had spotted a pack running through our area. By the time I reached the point, they were gone." He growled before leaning down and running his nose up my neck.

I shivered in delight as my eyes became heavy.

"You'll catch them soon." I replied gently smiling up at him.

"I love you ariana." He whispered. The way he looked at me made my heart thump widly in my chest. He looked at me like I was his sun.

"I love you too." I replied leaning up to kiss him.