1. Hawkins High

You just moved to the new town of Hawkins Indiana from California with your dad, brother, your step sister and step mom. That's right you're Y/n Hargrove, and your brother and sister are Billy and Max.

You were sat in the back of the car while Billy drove and Max was in the front. You and Max had a good relationship unlike her and your brother. He almost had a conniption fit when you sat in the back but you relaxed him. His car was his pride and joy and of course made an entrance pulling into the new school.

Max let you out of the car and you closed the door
after grabbing your bag. "Way to make an entrance."
You said to Billy. "Have a good day, make some friends!" You called to Max as she skated towards the middle school and she gave a thumbs up.

You looked across the parking lot to see a girl standing outside if her open passenger door staring at you and your brother. The driver stepped out and looked over as well. You gave a wave and a small smile and she gave you a small wave same with the guy.

You walked up next to Billy and noticed all the girls checking him out and rolled your eyes. "Why do you care what she does anyway?" He asked taking the pick out of his mouth.

"Because she's our sister and you need to start being nicer to her." You said bumping your hip to his and started walking. "Come on we're gonna be late." He sucked his lip and smirked at the girls watching then followed you to the school.

You went to the principals office to get your class schedules and the map of the school and whatever else you needed. You were in your junior year and you took honors so you and Billy were in a class together since the honors classes were just the grade higher and they would count it as honors for you since there were only a few students who were interested in those classes. You also got a list of clubs that were available at the school and saw they had a school paper that you were interested in.

The principal walked you into your first class which was English that was just getting settled down.
"Ah you must be y/n, take whatever open seats available." The teacher greeted and you gave a polite smile and sat in the last row one chair back behind a
brunette.

"Hi, I'm Nancy." The girl said turning around. "Nancy Wheeler." She held her hand out.

You smiled, noticing it was the girl from the parking lot, "Y/n, Y/n Hargrove." You shook her hand. "Did I miss any big assignments?"

"We just finished up a lesson, we read, To Kill A Mocking Bird." She said.

"Oh I love that book. What are we doing next?" You asked excited.

She giggled at your enthusiasm, "I'm not sure he's probably gonna introduce it once class starts."

"All right class, settle down. Now we are starting our new lesson." He said and clapped his hands.

                                               *

You finished school and met Billy at the car. "Where's Max?" You asked opening the passenger door and threw your bag in the back.

"She's late. This better not happen every day." He said annoyed.

"Oh come on Billy, it's the first day. She's probably gonna want to head to the arcade again later and you are gonna be a nice big brother and give her one." You said walking up to him with a stern expression.

"I'll give her one but I can't promise I'll be nice." He said with furrowed eyebrows.

You heard a skateboard coming close and looked to see the redhead making her way over. You smiled brightly at her. "How was your first day?"

"Fine." She said picking up her board. "Can you bring me to the arcade?" She asked Billy.

"What's so special about that place anyway?" He asked annoyed and you hit his arm lightly.

"It's the only fun thing to do here." She said.

"He'll bring you, he just has to drop me off at home first." You said and he huffed. "Because it's not out of his way at all." You said looking at him angrily.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's get going." He said then kicked off the back of the car and walked to his door.

"He'll get better, I promise." You said and she gave a sad half smile and you got into the back.

You got back and started on the homework you had to catch up on in a few classes, almost all of them you shared with Nancy which was cool, you had gotten her number if you ever needed help studying she was doing 'honors' as well she was a junior this year too and her boyfriend Steve was a senior.

She introduced you to him and Jonathan since Billy was being flocked with girls during lunch you sat with her too. She had a brother, Mike, who was in the same grade as Max and you wondered if she had met him.

You started reading the new book your English teacher assigned which was, The Crucible, you read it before but needed to be reminded.

Your eyes got heavy as you read and you dropped the book on your chest and decided to get some sleep before dinner.

                                            *

You woke up with a jolt and banging on your door, "Get your ass out here, Susan made dinner!" Your dad yelled.

"I'm coming!" You said scurrying up and made sure to mark your place in your book. You walked out of your room quickly and walked to the seat at the dinning table. "Sorry, I fell asleep reading." You said looking down at your plate not wanting to make eye contact with your father.

"Don't let it happen again. Susan worked hard on this, be appreciative." He said sternly.

"Yes, sir. Sorry Susan." You said and started digging into the food.

"It's really no problem." She said and you looked up at her and gave a small smile.

"This is really good, thank you, Susan." You said.

"It's okay." Billy said from beside you and you looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Thank you, y/n." Susan said and gave a smile and you returned it.

"Oh, Max did you meet any new friends today?" You asked the redhead.

"Not really." She said keeping her head down picking at her food.

"How was your day, any cute guys?" Susan asked after a moment of silence.

You giggled, "None that's caught my eye yet. I met a girl though she was super sweet, her names Nancy. She actually has a brother in Max's grade." You added looking at Max.

"There's a Halloween party tomorrow night, I think it'll be a good idea for me and y/n to go and meet people." Billy said not caring for the original conversation.

"As long as your safe, I think it's a great idea, don't you Neil?" Susan asked.

"Just don't get pregnant or get anybody pregnant and it's a great idea." He said sipping his beer.

"Really, dad? I'm not that stupid, can't say the same for Billy though." You said and he nudged your shoulder with his and you giggled. "Oh, could I go trick or treating with Max?"

"You don't have to, I can go out on my own." Max said.

"Come on it'll be good sister bonding. I'll take you to the rich neighborhoods." You said.

Her smile grew, "To get the king size candy bars, deal." You laughed at how excited she got.

"And how are you gonna do that?" Billy asked.

"Well, you being a great big brother, are going to let me borrow the car." You said with a smile.

"What, hell no." He said with his voice growing with volume.

"You will, end of story." Your dad said.

He sighed, "Fine, just don't be late." He grumbled.

"We won't, don't worry I won't ruin your precious baby." You said in a mocking voice.

"You better not, you'll be buying me a new one." He said and you just shook your head with a smile and continued eating.