20. Memory Lane

Nancy brought you all back to to your house for you to change. You had all spent the night in the basement again. It was now the Fourth of July.

You put on a white shirt with high waisted shorts and a black belt. You tied your hair up in a ponytail with hair framing your face.

You didn't put any makeup on because there wasn't a point and you wore your regular converse with white socks. You went into Billy's bedroom but he wasn't there. You didn't know if you wanted to see him or not since he was flayed.

You didn't want anything to happen to him. He didn't deserve what was happening to him. You knew for the most of the conversation it was Billy talking to you in the sauna and it broke your heart knowing he was struggling.

You had to call Scoops again to let them know you couldn't come in but surprisingly it wasn't Steve or Robin answering. It made you worry a bit but you knew they would be okay, right.

Nancy drove you to Hoppers cabin last and Eleven changed and then stared searching for Heather and her parents, Mrs. Driscoll, Bruce and Billy. She closed her door to her room and you all waited.

"It can't be good for her to be in there this long." Mike said worrying.

"Mike, you need to relax." Max said.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" He asked pacing.

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas asked worried.

"No, it's not. He made it up." Max answered.

"She use to do this all the time when she was in the lab, and it was in far worse conditions." You said trying to ease both of them.

"Mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." Max added.

"Oh, and you do?" He asked sarcastically.

"No, I believe she knows her limits." She said.

"She's putting herself in danger in there." Mike said angrily.

"Mike, she's doing what she's always done. She's trying to help." You said.

"That's bullshit, her putting her life on the line shouldn't be what we rely on." He said back.

"Hey, don't talk to my sister that way." Max said angrily.

"I'm not talking to her in any certain way." He fought back.

"Max it's okay, he's stressed." You said but they continued to fight.

You sighed and got off the chair and walked to the kitchen where Will, Jonathan and Nancy were trying to find out where the possible flayed people went.

"Okay, can you guys settle an argument for us?" Max asked walking in as well being followed by Mike. "Who do you think should decide El's limits? Mike or Eleven?"

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit." Mike protested and Lucas came over and leaned on the table beside Will.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your whole problem. And it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass." Max said.

"El dumped you?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, because she is conspiring against me. She's corrupting her." Mike said and you looked at him with furrowed brows.

"No, enlightening her. The fact it, she's not yours. She's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions." Max corrected.

"She's risking her life for no reason." Mike said.