22. Reuniting

Lucas told you his firework plan and you filled a shopping cart with all the fireworks in the store. "The movies? Dustin's so freaked out about the gate, he decides to go watch a movie? Yeah makes total sense." Lucas said pushing the cart.

"You're positive he said 'gate' and not 'great'?" Max asked.

"Yeah, like, 'this movie I'm watching is great.'" Will said.

"Sounds like gate." Max said.

"Which would explain how the Mind Flayer's still alive." Mike said.

"Yeah, we just have to shut it again." Nancy said.

"The monster dies." Lucas said.

"But if not, we always have Lucas's fireworks." Max said picking up the front of the cart to help it over the door frame.

"Keep mocking my plan, Max. Keep mocking it. I wanna hear you say it again because you keep doubting me. You keep doubting me!" He said.

"Ridiculous." Max said.

"Will? We're gonna prove em wrong, right?" Lucas asked.

"Hey, I think it's a great idea too." You said.

"I cannot believe my sister is that gullible." Max said and you pushed her arm playfully and she laughed and you did too.

*

You got to the top floor of the mall and couldn't see them coming out of the movie theater. You walked around looking for them and saw men in suits surrounding the Great Cookie stand with guns pointed at it.

"Guys!" You yelled to the other and they quickly saw what was happening. El held out her hand and made the car near them start to go off.

Their attention was pulled to it and they looked at it confused then looked up to see El on the balcony with her hand out. She pulled her hand back then pushed it forward sending the car into the men and it flew into the pizza counter.

You rushed over to the edge with everyone and saw Steve, Robin, Dustin and Erica. "Oh thank God." You breathed.

You walked down the escalator and were quickly greeted by the other group. Dustin races up to you laughing. "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" He said and ran into El and Mike for a hug.

You ran up to Steve and Robin and brought them into a tight hug. "Thank God you're okay." You said and pulled back and smiled at them and tried to touch his black eye but he held your hand away and you let go of a breath you were holding.

You thought they could have gotten Flayed but hoped for the best. "Lucas?" Erica said.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Ask them. It's their fault." She said.

"True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault." Steve said and you looked at him with a confused smile.

"I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin said a little freaked out.

"El has super powers." Dustin said.

"I'm sorry?" She asked.

"Super powers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up." Steve said and you hit him in the arm and gave him a look and he held his hands up.

"That's El?" Erica asked.

"Who's El?" Robin asked.

"Im sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked.

"I'm Robin. I work with y/n and Steve." She introduced.

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin said.