32. Vecna's Curse

You walked up to the windows and looked inside but couldn't see anything. Robin got to the door first and looked inside. "Hello? Is anyone home?" She asked and went in and you followed closely behind her and Max was behind you then Steve and then Dustin.

You started looking around seeing if you had the right place, if Eddie had been around there. "What a dump." Steve said and you scoffed.

You looked behind you quickly when you heard him hitting the oar in the boat and looked at him confused. "What are you doing?" Dustin whispered but he didn't say anything.

"What are you doing?" You asked angrily.

"He might be in here." He said.

"So take the tarp off." Dustin said.

"If he is, you could hurt him, knock it off." You said and he continued to do it and ignored you.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." He said and kept going.

"Hey, look over here." Max said and you quickly got to her with Robin. She saw empty wrappers and beer bottles. "Someone was here." She said.

"Maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran." Robin said.

You looked on the ground and saw shards of glass from a broken beer bottle. "Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin joked sarcastically.

"Whoever was in here has a possible weapon, so let's be careful." You warned.

"I know you think you're being funny, Henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died about a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight..." he was cut off by someone jumping out of the boat from under the tarp and tackled to the wall.

You and the girls quickly ran over to where Dustin was and you shielded him behind you. "Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!" Steve yelled.

You recognized the figure as Eddie as he held the broken bottle to Steve's throat and held him against the wall. "Whoa Eddie, Eddie!" You yelled.

"Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie! Eddie!" Dustin yelled and his attention went to him. "It's me. It's Dustin and the love of your life, y/n. This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?"

"Right, yeah." Steve said trying not to move his throat too much.

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin said and Steve reluctantly let it go and Eddie hardened his grip making Steve groan. "He's cool! He's cool!"

"I'm cool, man. I'm cool." Steve whispered.

"What are you doing here?" Eddie asked.

"We're looking for you." Dustin said.

"We're here to help." Robin said.

"Eddie, these are our friends. You know Robin, from band." Dustin said and Robin nervously pretended to play a trumpet. "This is Max, you know her, she's
y/n's sister. Also the one who never wants to play D&D." She waved nervously.

"Eddie. We're on your side." You pleaded and he looked at you with wide eyes.

"I swear on my mother. Right guys." Dustin said.

"Yes, yeah we swear." Max said.

"Dustin's mother." Robin said.

"Yeah, Dustin's, Dustin's mother." Steve said.

Eddie was shaking holding the bottle up to Steve's throat and you walked closer. "Eddie. It's me, you're safe." You soothed and he let go of Steve and leaned on the wall and started to sink into the floor.