14. Scoops Ahoy

Steve and Billy were officially graduated and it was now summer time. Eddie wasn't able to pass since he had missed so many days in the beginning of the year and his grades weren't the best either.

You had asked him one day why he didn't ask you for help and he said not to worry about which led to an argument and he ended up telling you he didn't want to leave you. You had promised him that you would help him pass next year.

You were also officially adopted by Susan, your dad moved back in a few weeks after the incident. He apologized only because Susan told him he wasn't ever able to come back unless he did. He was still an asshole but you had told Hopper so he came around a few times which scared your dad a bit.

The Star Court mall had officially opened and you and Steve applied at the different stores. You both ended up getting one at Scoops Ahoy and were working with Robin Buckley who you've had classes with. Billy got a job as a lifeguard at the public pool.

Dustin was off to camp, Max was still on and off with Lucas. Mike and El were stronger than ever which was infuriating Hopper. Jonathan and Nancy were doing great and they had gotten an internship at the local newspaper.

Steve would bring you to work unless you were at Eddie's. The mall was always busy and thankfully working at an ice cream place it was always cool. You and Robin had gotten closer and her and Steve would bicker like an old married couple.

You thought they'd be cute together and always made kissy faces when one of their backs were turned and they would always wave you off.

One day you saw Robin stumble over her words while helping out a girl with her order and you started to realize something.

You were in the back a little while later with her on break while Steve was up front and decided to talk to her a little about California.

"You know, I had a girlfriend for a little bit when I lived in California." You said and her eyes went wide and she started choking on her water.

"You... you just... really?" She asked.

"Yeah, we we're both curious so we decided to date. I ended up realizing I was bisexual but she realized she was just straight." You said.

"You're... you're bisexual?" She asked.

"Yeah, I actually told Eddie on the first night we meant when we were high." You said nonchalantly.

"That's, cool." She said and you looked at her with your eyebrows raised. She sighed, "How did you know?"

You laughed, "Because I act the same way around a girl I have a crush on." You said.

"You saw that. Ugh, that was so embarrassing." She said and put her head in her hands.

"It's not, it's cute. You'll find that girl one day that loves your nervousness and fast talking." You said and she looked up at you like a sad puppy dog and you laughed. "I'm being honest, it'll happen."

"Hey, one of you get out here it's a rush!" Steve said opening the back window making you both jump.

"I'm on it." You said standing up and walked out. "Ahoy!" You yelled and got to work taking orders.

It was close to the end of your shift and you were cleaning up getting ready for closing. You were wiping off a table when two arms with rings on every finger went around your waist and picked you up.

You screamed laughing and he put you back on the ground and turned you to face him. You laughed and put your hands on his chest while he kept his on your waist.

"Hello, my little worker bee. How was your day?" Eddie asked smiling down at you.

"Amazing, now that you're here." You said smiling up at him and got on your tiptoes and leaned up kissing him.