24. The Battle of Starcourt

Jonathan drove down the road as fast as he could and you looked behind you as the monster was hot on your tail.

"Dusty-bun, do you copy?" You heard in the back seat over a radio of a voice you never heard.

"I copy, Suzie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks." Dustin voice said.

"Suzie." Robin and Steve said.

"Okay, so listen, do you know Planck's constant?" He asked.

"Do you know the Earth Orbits the Sun?" She asked.

"Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a, wh- what is it?" He asked.

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can, save the world?" She asked.

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible." He said, you were very happy Eddie mostly stuck to sweetheart or princess or names you hated, it was charming.

"You can make it up to me now." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"I want to hear it." She said.

"Not right now." He said quickly.

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun." She said.

"Suzie-poo, this is urgent." He said.

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off." She said.

"Wait, wait, wait! Okay, okay, okay." He said quickly. A few seconds later,
"Turn around, look at what you see,
In her face, the mirror of your dreams,
Make believe I'm everywhere, hidden in the lines
Written on the pages is the answer to a Never Ending Story
Never Ending Story."

"This is actually happening." You said turning your body back to the front with wide eyes. What has your life become.

"Reach the stars, and fly a fantasy,
Dream a dream, and what you see will be,
Lives that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon the rainbow is the answer to a Never Ending Story
Never Ending Story
Story..." they finished in harmony.

"Planck's constant is 6.62607004." She said.

"You just saved the world." He said back.

"Gosh I miss you, Dusty-Bun." She said.

"And I miss you more, Suzie-poo." He said.

"Okay that's kinda cute." You said.

"I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy." She said.

"Okay." You said started to get annoyed.

"No I miss you..." he stated but the frequency went down.

The monster was still on your tail and Jonathan drove as fast as he could. You saw it stop and looked behind you. "It's turning around." Steve said.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"It's turning around!" You yelled.

"Maybe we wore it out." Lucas said.

"I don't think so. Hold on." Jonathan said and turned the car quickly, you hit your head on the window surprised you didn't break it and he drove after it quickly.

"They're after El." You said and everyone clued in. "We still got those fireworks on top right?" You asked.

"Hell yeah we do. I told you my plan would come into action." Lucas said with a wide smile and you laughed.