17. The Missing Lifeguard

Steve brought you home and Max called to let you know she was spending the night at El's. You told her to be safe and have fun but still worried about the news you had received not too long ago.

You decided just to take a shower and get ready for bed since it was a long day. You got chills again that night and brushed them aside not wanting to freak yourself out anymore than you already were.

You were getting ready for work when Max and Eleven walked through the door. "Hey girls, what are you up to today?" You asked tying your hair up in a ponytail.

"We came to see if Billy was here. Has he been home yet?" Max asked.

You looked at her confused. "No I haven't seen him I just assumed he was asleep." You started getting worried. "I haven't seen him since he went on that date."

"Do you know who he want on it with?" Max asked.

"He just said some older lady. We didn't have much of a conversation about it." You answered.

Max looked at Eleven and she shook her head. "You want to help us look in his room?" El asked. "I saw him and a girl and she was screaming."

"I feel like you would be more traumatized if you saw them together so I'm assuming it was a bad scream?" You asked worried. You knew your brother wouldn't do that kind of a thing to a girl but something could have been happening to him too. "Come on let's go check it out." You said and led the way to his room.

You opened the door and looked around for anything obvious. "Why do I get the feeling we're gonna find all kinds of wrong in here?" Max asked, the radio was still playing music so you turned it off as she went for the bedside table. "Ugh, gag me with a spoon." She said closing it again.

El went towards the connected bathroom and you both followed her in. She walked over to the tub. "Max, y/n?"

You both walked over and saw ice bags laying in the water in the tub. You swallowed hard thinking about when Will only liked it cold. "Ice. It's just ice. It's probably for his muscles or something. He works out like a maniac." Max said holding up a bag and you nodded still a little nervous thinking she was probably right.

El turned her head and looked at the cupboard under the sink and opened it up. She pulled out the trash can. "El, what is it?" You asked. She then pulled life guards Fanny pack out of it and you and Max looked on getting more worried. She went for another item and pulled out a bloodied pool whistle and turned to you and Max nervously.

"I'm gonna call to let them know I'm not coming in today." You said and walked out of the room quickly.

You ran up to the phone and dialed Steve's number. "Hello?" He said through the phone.

"Hey, Steve. Some stuff just came up I won't be able to come into work. So you don't need to pick me up."

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Just some stuff with Billy." You said.

"We're so close with the code." He said.

"I know, you guys can do it on your own I was just there for entertainment." You laughed. "Become American Hero's without me."

"We'll see if we can do it without you." He said. "Let me know how everything goes."

"Let's just hope it's all a misunderstanding." You said. "See ya later." And hung up the phone.

The girls came out after and you looked at them trying to think of the next move. "You have an extra rain coat right?" You asked Max.

"Yeah." She said.