5. Quick Turn

Eddie dropped you guys off at your house, you walked in already hearing noises coming from Billy's room and walked back out.

Max looked at you confused, "How about we go on a ride around town, get some ice cream it was a stressful afternoon."

She clued in on what was happening and nodded her head. "Sure."

"Hey, everything all right, sweetheart?" Eddie asked still parked on the side of the road.

"Sweetheart?" Max teased and you bumped her with a small laugh.

"Sorry, yeah. We're gonna go get some ice cream." You said.

"I'd be up for some ice cream." He said.

You looked at Max to see if it was okay and she nodded her head. "Perfect, it'll be easier to find." You said and walked back to his car.

                                                  *
It was the next day at school, same old same old. This time you had lunch with Eddie and his friends again and they taught you a few things along with inviting you to the next meeting which was next Friday.

After school you ended up being a little late because Eddie stopped you in the hall to set up a time you could go over to his or something to create your character. You agreed immediately and decided after the Friday meeting you'd see where you stand with the group. You didn't want to step on anyones toes and he quickly disregarded that.

You were walking to your car with him next you. You saw Max talking to Lucas and noticed she seemed a little upset.

Billy looked over and stared Eddie down then looked back at Max. You could tell he was mad and didn't want Eddie to get the brunt of it.

"I'll see you tomorrow." You said to Eddie and he looked at you confused for a moment and you made a face and nodded toward Billy and he nodded his head understanding.

"See you tomorrow, sweetheart." He said and you turned around knowing Billy was gonna have a fit. Any guy you talked to Billy hated, no reason for it. He either got into a fight with them or made them run away.

You walked back him and he put his cigarette out while Max rode over to the car. She got into the back since you didn't want him to do anything stupid while he was in his mood to her. 

He started walking to the drivers side. "That kid you were talking to, who is he?" He asked Max.

You got into the passenger seat and sighed knowingly. "He's no one." Max replied.

"No one?" Billy asked.

"This kid from my class." Max replied. Billy watched after Lucas then got into the car.

He put a cigarette between his lips then lit it up taking his time. "Why was he talking to you?"

"It was just about a stupid class assignment." Max said.

"Then why are you so upset?" He asked.

"I'm not!" She said the end of her sentence breaking a bit.

"He causing you trouble." He asked and you clenched your jaw.

"Why do you care?" Max asked.

"Because, Max, you're a piece of shit, but we're family now whether we like it or not, meaning I'm stuck looking out for you." Billy said using your words you said before in a meaner manner.

You raised your arms up and shook your head annoyed he was acting this way. "And what would she ever do without..." you started.

He grabbed your arm and you looked at him surprised. "Hey! This is serious shit, okay? I'm older than you. And something you learn is that there are certain type of people in this world that you stay away from, and that kid and the freak you were talking to. But especially that kid, Max, that kid is one of them." He said you tried to pull your arm but he just pulled you closer. He looked back at Max, "You stay away from him, you hear me? Stay away." He said looking back at you and pushed your hand away and you looked out of the widow with tears in your eyes trying to hold it together.