41. The War Zone

You walked into your bedroom trying to control your breathing. You were pacing back and forth and walked over to your dresser and threw everything off of it with a loud grunt.

You couldn't even keep your brother safe and now your sister wants to risk her life. You had tears in your eyes and paced the room again trying to steady your breath combing your hair with your hand.

You yelled and kicked the wall and started ripping the posters you and Eddie had hung up together when you had first moved in. Your door opened but you didn't pay anything attention with tears running down your face.

"Hey, hey, hey. Whoa." Steve said walking over to you quickly after cracking the door. He held your arms from tearing more down and you dropped the ones in your hands and started to break down.

"I can't do it again, S-Steve. I can't." You cried and he held you from behind and you fell into him as he held you tighter. "I cant l-l-lose her." You buried your face in his arm sobbing.

"You're not gonna lose her. She's gonna be okay. We don't even have a full plan yet. There's nothing to worry about." He tried to sooth.

"There's ev-everything to w-w-worry about. She's gonna d-d-die and it's gonna be my f-fault." You cried harder and started falling to the ground and Steve went with you.

"You can't think like that, y/n." He held onto you and looked up at the door and saw Eddie and Max looking in sadly not knowing if they should comfort you.

He held his hand up to them saying he had you and they nodded sadly and walked back to the living room. "If anything does happen it's not gonna be on you. It'll be on Vecna/Henry/One, he's the only villain here. And I still have no idea what we're calling him." He said and and it made you chuckle.

He smiled down at you happy with himself that he cheered you up a bit. You sat there on the ground with Steve still holding you till you could gather yourself again. You looked up at the wall sadly.

"Shit, that was stupid." You said with a small hiccup for your tears.

"It was, we'll fix it though." He assured and you turned and looked at him with a small smile and he returned it.

"Thank you. I really don't know what I'd do without you. You're my best friends." You said and gave him another hug.

"I don't know what I'd do without you either, Hargrove." He said rubbing your back. You pulled back and smiled bigger at him.

"My mascara is running really bad isn't it?" You asked and he nodded with wide eyes.

"Yeah, you still look great though." He assured and you laughed making him chuckle too happy to have made you feel a little better.

                                                 *
You all circled around the table after you calmed down Eddie kissed your forehead with a hug and Max made sure to hug you once you walked out of the bedroom with Steve and you definitely needed it.

Eddie threw down the phone book and pointed at an ad that had a man with a mullet and no shirt holding a military gun with the American flag in the background. "Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well, uh, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade?" Robin asked pointing to the picture and you looked a little closer at it turning your head. "I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so... this, This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." Eddie said.