15. Shivers

It was another night scooping ice cream you and Steve were in the back. You had to restock a few of the choices since it was a busy day.

"So, how are you and Eddie?" Steve asked.

"We're doing really good. He's teaching my me how to play the guitar, he's such a sweetheart." You said with doe eyes thinking of him.

"That's good, I'm glad he's treating you right." He said picking up two of the tubes. "What songs are you learning?"

"Metallica, Iron Median, he promised he would teach me some ABBA soon." You said excited.

"You know I...." He started to say but then was cut off by the bell at the front going off.

"Hey, dingus's, your children are here!" Robin called from the front.

He sighed and set the buckets down. He opened the window annoyed. "Again? Seriously?" He asked.

Will, Max, Lucas and Mike all looked at him with serious faces and Mike rang the bell again and you laughed. "Come on, their kids. Let them have some fun." You said coming from the back with two tubes of ice cream.

"Fine, let's go." Steve sighed and the kids went to the back.

Max ran up to you and gave you a quick hello goodbye kiss on the cheek the followed Lucas closely. "Have fun." You said.

You got back to helping Robin scoop ice cream for the sudden rush of people. A few minutes later the lights went out in the whole mall.

"That's weird." Steve said and walked over to the light switch and started flicking it on and off.

"Steve, the whole mall is out." You said looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"That isn't gonna work, dingus." Robin said.

"Oh, really." He said and started flipping the switch faster and you just laughed and rolled your eyes. A few seconds later all the lights turned back on and Steve looked at the both of you like he did something. "Let there be light." He said and got back to his costumer.

You felt a sudden shiver, feeling like something was off. "You okay?" Robin asked worried about your demeanor change.

"Yeah, perfect." You said and brushed it off getting back to work.

A few hours later it was the end of the night and you just finished wiping up the tables. "You ready to head out?" Steve asked finishing the other tables.

"Yeah, Max should be here soon. Let me get my stuff." You said and walked to the back. Robin was just finishing shutting down the back. "Do you have a ride home?"

She looked up at you, "Uh, yeah. My dad should be here. I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a smile and gave a wave and you waved back.

"See ya tomorrow." You said then grabbed yours and Steve's things a brought them back to the front.

Steve closed the gate behind you both after everything was shut down. "Did you feel anything weird when the power went out?" You asked.

"It's a new mall stuff happens. Why, are you okay?" He asked worried.

"Yeah I'm fine. It just felt, I don't know. It just felt off, you know?" You said then shook your head. "I'm just being crazy, sorry."

"No, it's okay. You're not crazy, I mean yeah it was definitely weird, but it's nothing to worry about." Steve said and noticed you worrying. "Hey, look at me. We're okay." He said grabbing your shoulders making you turn to face him.

"It's just, how do we know they aren't still doing things, that lab could still be secretly running and none of us would know." You said and your breath started to get uneven. "They could be using kids against their will like El, those monster could still be out there, that thing could still be watching us..."