18. Billy

"Do you copy. This is a code red." You heard Lucas say through the radio for the tenth time that morning. Eddie had already kissed you goodbye since you didn't want your parents to catch him sleeping over.

"I repeat, this is a code red." He said again. "Max. Do you copy? This is a code red."

"Shut, up." You heard her say.

"Thank God!" You yelled through the wall.

A few seconds later the phone started to ring. And you groaned. "Max get the phone!" You yelled.

"I'm getting it!" She yelled back.

A few seconds later you were trying to go back to sleep. "Y/n! We gotta go." Max called.

"Why?" You whined.

She came up to your door and opened it. "Something else happened, the boys want us to meet them at the Wheelers house." You looked at her worried sitting up in your bed.

You all got ready, you changed into a blue button up shirt and a pair of high waisted shorts that it was tucked into, with a black belt. You put your hair into a half up half down style and put your converse on.

You biked over to the Wheelers house with El on the back of yours and Max skating beside you. Mrs, Wheeler opened up with a smile and told you the boys were down stairs.

You and Max sat on the ground while El sat in the extra chair and the boys were on the couch.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it." Will said. "The first night I felt it was at the Day of the Dead." And you remembered having a weird feeling then too.

"Power went out that night, too." Mike said.

"And then I felt it against the field near the Nelson farm the next day." Will said and you remembered having the same feeling that day too. "Then again yesterday outside Castle Byres." And you thought about the chills you had gotten after you left Heathers.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked.

"It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" He asked.

"Sure." Mike said.

"Yeah." Max said.

"No." El said.

"It's like... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse. Your body... it goes cold..." he said.

"And you can't breath." You both said at the same time and you looked at him with a nervous expression. "I've been feeling it too, the same times you have."

Everyone looked at you with worried expressions and wide eyes. "I felt it before, whenever he was close." Will said looking at you with the same expression.

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked looking back at Will worried.

"The Mind Flayer." He said and your eyes widened.

"I closed the gate." El said.

"I know, but, what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will asked.

"How is he attached to me though?" You asked confused. "How can I feel whatever it is?"

"Maybe it was from when the Demo-dog attacked you?" Max said.

"Did you feel what he was describing before the attack?" Mike asked.

"No, first time was the night the power went out. Could it have attached itself to me after it left Will, right before El closed the gate so I couldn't fully take over." You we're trying to make some sort of reasonable explanation.