chapter 24

"You don't know how much I hate that girl, dude.", Chat Noir listened to (Name) rant about Lila and her new mischief. Even though he already knew everything about the Situation, (Name) didn't need to know that. Not to mention he likes how they rant about specific things.

"Why do you hate her so much?" He asked them, remembering that (Name) mentioned to Adrien that they have known Lila for years now.

"Eh, I guess you could say she's my childhood bully.", they answered bluntly, shrugging.
"What did she do?" Chat Noir asked.
(Name) sighed, thinking about what she did. Chat Noir taking immediate notice and apologizing. "If you don't want to talk about it you don't have to-"
"Nah it's fine relax, these things don't have an impact on me anymore." (Name) waved with one hand, dismissing the apology.

"Mh, me and Lila used to be friends. She was nice to me and funny, so obviously I liked her presence. But also because she was the only one who talked to me." (Name) started, making a couple hand gestures while talking.
"That was back in elementary school by the way, anyways. I used to ask Lila why other kids never talked to me like she did, and how she managed to have so many friends. The other kids would always talk to her but when I tried to talk to them they either ignored me or ran away."
Chat Noir listened scooting closer to (Name) and watching them closely as they talked.

"Lila told me she would be able to get other kids to talk to me, since she was friends with everyone. As a 9 year old I really liked the idea and trusted her with that. Turns out other kids never wanted to talk to me because she spread some bullshit about me, I can't remember exactly what it was but when I found out and confronted her she went against me and said I was forcing her to be my friend, or something."

Chat Noir frowned, he didn't have any friends when he was 9 either, except for Chloe, who he didn't see much anyways. But he didn't have a whole class full of 9 and 10 year olds who ignored him.

"Aaand that kinda developed my 'who to befriend and who to avoid' and isolation complexes." (Name) finally finished. Making their last sentence a lighthearted joke, which was still a fact.

Chat Noir looked in shock.
"(Name), I- I'm so so-" "Nah I slapped her in 7th grade it's alright."

"oh."

(Name) bursted out laughing and Chat Noir couldn't help but laugh aswell.
As (Name) wiped away a tear they looked at Chat Noir, genuinely smiling at him.
He turned to look at them aswell, grinning and putting an arm around their shoulders. "Well even though Lila gave you those complexes, I still managed to befriend you, right your highness?"
(Name) chuckled and put his arm back down, "I wouldn't call you my friend. I just happen to tolerate you." they said with a teasing tone.

"Tolerate me? You do realize I'm Paris' most loved superhero, after Ladybug of course. I'm surprised you're not fangirling as you're talking to me." He said, posing  and closing his eyes while doing hand gestures making him look like a rich prince.

"Nah, you're just a dork." They blandly responded.
But then they smiled just as he looked them back in the eyes.
"A pretty funny dork though.", They grinned, petting his head.

Chat Noir only stared at them. A slight blush making it's way on his face.

Thump.

Thump.

"You're ridiculous, you know that?", he scoffed, pushing their hand gently away as they laughed.

"Yeah whatever, cat boy. Let's continue playing Mario kart."

Handing him a switch controller and starting the game, the two of them played once again into the deep night until 2AM.

_______________________________

The next day at school started tired.
For both the cat hero super model and the already sleep deprived cat hero magnet.

However when Adrien saw (Name) in the morning, even in his tired state, he wanted to surprise them.

So he slowly and carefully walked up to them.
And suddenly placed his hands on their eyes and asked, "Guess who?"

(Name), not being able to think completely straight due to the fact that they were still tired, didn't think much before they said something.

"Chat Noir? It's 7 in the morning what are-", when they turned around to see Adrien, who was by the way furiously blushing, instead of Chat Noir, they panicked.
"-Adrien?! Oh! Hey! Good Morning, I don't know why I said Chat Noir, I just had a dream about him so I think I confused him with you!"

HE SOUNDED LIKE CHAT NOIR!

"O-Oh..! Yeah no I understand then, u-uhm.." Adrien wanted to get out of this situation quickly so he wouldn't risk his identity being discovered.
"You know it's my bad anyway, it's really early and we're all tired so it really wasn't the right moment.." he said, awkwardly laughing afterwards.

"Uh.. Yeah, you're right. We're all just very tired, haha." (Name) agreed, also awkwardly putting laughs behind their sentences.

They did sound the same though.

Alya and Nino just watched the two of them.
They both glanced at each other and then back at them.

"Something is fishy."

"Something is about to bloom."

They muttered out only for them to hear.
They fist bumped each other still looking at the awkward blushy scenery, completely misunderstanding it and taking it as two awkward crushes.

But fortunately for Adrien and (Name), both Alya and Nino decided to break the awkward staring silence and walked up to them.

"Hey Adriennn~" Alya greeted him nudging him in the shoulder.
"H-hey! Uh.. What's up you two?"

He asked, now relaxing a bit since the tension eased down.

"Oh nothing, we're good. What about you (Name)? How are you two feeling?"
Nino answered creeping up behind (Name) who now stared at them confused.
"Uh, we're good? I mean I know that I am.", they looked over to Adrien who nodded, "Yeah me too."

"Oh that's good! Glad that you two are feeling good with each other." Alya stated, smirking at borh of them.

What the hell is going on?

Am I missing out on something?

The two teens thought to themselves as they both watched whatever Alya and Nino were trying to accomplish.

"That wasn't even related to the question-" "Anyways, (Name). We need to get to class come on." Nino said, getting a hold of their arm and dragging them along with him.
"Come on Adrien, we have to go too." Alya said, also starting to drag him after the other two left.

Adrien was really confused.

"Aren't we all in the same class?? Why didn't we just all go together?-"

"You talk too much, Agreste. Now come along."