chapter 42

"Good morning, (Name)." Adrien quickly jumped between the two and put an arm around their shoulder laughing nervously.
(Name) stared at Adrien, and then at the Adrien copy. "What, the fuck?" They simply asked, being very confused and expressing it in a very simple way.

Felix stared them up and down, unimpressed.
"Adrien, who is this?" He asked his cousin while staring at him holding them.

"This is-" "You never told me you had a twin brother." (Name) interrupted Adrien, having a slight sass hidden in their tone.
"Maybe if you would ever let the man finish his sentence you would know." Felix commented, squinting his eyes sharply.

(Name)'s jaw dropped. They couldn't tell what was worse.
The fact that this boy, whose name they didn't even know was talking like a brat, or the fact that he looks JUST like Adrien while talking to them like a brat.
Now they were the one throwing a dirty look. "Well if you're so confident with your talking, how about you tell me who you are?"

"I don't owe you any type of explanation as you are no one who's relevant in any way."

That rich motherf-

"OKAY! (Name), this is Felix, my cousin. He's not my brother." Adrien panicky interrupted the two and broke into the high passive aggressive tension that was build up between the two with just a few glances.
He then turned to his cousin, "And Felix, this is (Name), a very dear friend of mine.", he introduced, as he put his hand on their shoulder, pulling them a bit closer to him without realizing of doing so.

Felix however noticed.
And he was amused by it.

A smirk got placed on his face and he started shaking his head. "Oh, I apologize. I assumed you were one of the many annoying fans Adrien has."

(Name) stared him up and down, and then rolled their eyes. "No, I'm not." They turned away from him. He's Adrien's cousin.. they sighed deeply and turned back to him. "I get the attitude then though."

The two looked at each other, Felix having a big smirk on his face while (Name) was just trying to stop glaring at the identical, bitchier version of their friend. Adrien, the one who had to deal with both of them, was just in the middle completely conflicted.
However his panicked mind was put at ease when Chloe walked in, because luckily for him, people's hate for Chloe is international.

"Oh look, it's Felix and (Name). The dumb knock off version of Adrikins and the weird creep! You two have really found each other."

"Shut the fuck up, Chloe."
"Go cry to your daddy, Chloe."

The two glanced at each other, a genuine smirk slowly forming on their faces while Chloe just pouted and walked right through them, pushing them aside.

(Name) went to their seat and texted Nathaniel, asking when he would be arriving since first period was about to start.
Felix watched them and then turned to Adrien. "You have.. interesting friends." He stated, and then asked where he could be sitting.

_________________________________

Nathaniel, (Name) and Mark were on their way to sit somewhere in the cafeteria when Marinette suddenly called them to their table. "Come on you guys, sit with us!"

The three glanced at each other and (Name) was the first one to shrug and make their way to theta le, the other two accetping their fate and sitting down as well.
"So, where's Adrien and Adrien 2.0?" (Name) asked, seeing that Adrien is no where to be seen on the table.
"Why do you care so much?" Alya asked in a slightly teasing tone.

(Name) got the tone, but they didn't get for what she made that tone. "Cause he's like, your friend?"
Nino snickered, "So are you saying he's not your friend or what?" Marinette nodded agreeing with Nino, "Right. I thought you two were pretty close."

(Name) shook their head getting confused by this overwhelming situation. "What the hell are you guys trying to say?"
"That you like my cousin." (Name) jumped from the sudden voice in their neck.
They turned to see Felix hovering over them, really close to their face for some reason.
"... Well, yeah. He's alright." They hesitantly answered, being slightly intimidated by his serious expression. Nathaniel shook his head and Mark finally spilled the beans by saying out what the whole group has been thinking for weeks.

"Bro, we're saying you have a crush on him."

"Ew, okay."

The group (except for Nathaniel and Mark) was stunned, Felix however found this amusing.
"That's all you have to say to this??" Marinette practically yelled. (Name) shrugged, "What else am I supposed to say?"
Alya groaned, "If it's true, maybe?"
"It's not."
Marinette and Alya sulked, realizing they've wasted so much time on trying to play cupid for people who didn't even like each other. Nino however, just stayed silent, not believing (Name) quite.
They turned back to Felix, asking again where Adrien was.

"He's in the washroom." He answered, pulling out a seat to sit down. (Name) nodded while the other five were staring at him. "How come we've never seen you around before?" Marinette asked, leaning forward to have a more genuine feeling conversation. Felix blandly stared back at the pigtailed girl and answered as short as he could, "I don't live here."
Adrien soon approached the table happily and wanted to sit down next to (Name), but he saw that Felix was already sitting there.
"Oh." He thought disappointed out loud and sat down next to Felix, who turned to him with a questioning look. "What."

"Nothing."

He quickly started engaging to the conversation and started to introduce Felix to his friends more thoroughly. Felix stayed unimpressed, thinking Adrien could do a lot better than this. However he was proud of him for dropping Chloe.
The table talked back and fourth, Alya and Marinette asking Mark and Nathaniel about the story they were making, while Nino and Adrien were talking as normal.
(Name) and Felix didn't talk much, sometimes they glanced at each other shortly, but only when the other wasn't looking.
It didn't take long for Felix to figure out that (Name) was no one interesting.
He heard all of Adrien's friends having a hobby that was impressive, in some sort of way.
(Name) however was just.. (Name). And he thought that was extremely boring.

So when they got home, it was only natural for him to ask his cousin why he would engage his freetime with someone so unimportant.

"Why are you even talking to someone like them."

Adrien was offended, the past few minutes they were only talking about (Name) and how apparently they were quite useless. "Felix, people don't have to be rich and necessarily talented for you to be friends with them. I like (Name) just the way they are because they are so unique to me."
Felix snickered at that, "What part about them exactly IS unique?"
Adrien inhaled deeply, he didn't know why defending them was so important to him, but right now, he was ready to curse out his own family for them.

"Sit down and shut up and I might tell you."