chapter 54

That evening Chat Noir arrived happily at their place.

Just as he wanted to greet (Name), he noticed he was facing their back as they were having a phone call.

He snuck up on them as quiet as a wild cat could possibly be when watching their prey.

He tried listening in on the conversation as (Name) hadn't even noticed that he ever made himself known to be present.

"Yeah no, tomorrow's a promise. Don't worry."

A promise? he thought to himself, crawling closer to them and quietly standing up behind them, hovering over their call.

"Oh.. no no, I'm.. super excited, I swear."
They said hesitantly into the mic. Almost as if they were forcing themself to say it.

"Excited?", Chat Noir found himself mumbling under his breath, his curiosity rising.

(Name) didn't notice though, since they seemed to be so distracted by the voice that kept talking back.

Finally, the phone call ended.

"Who was that?"
(Name) jumped up and turned quickly around.
They groaned upon seeing him and relaxed almost immediately after. "When did you come in?!", they asked in an irritated tone, probably because their heart almost leaped out of their chest when they FINALLY noticed the man towering over them because of a call.

Chat Noir didn't answer their question.
"What are you doing tomorrow that you're so excited?", he asked, overshadowing their question.

(Name) didn't seem to mind though, they just shrugged. "Uh, I guess I'm going out with this guy tomorrow."

Chat Noir's jaw dropped.
"You're.. WHAT?!", he almost shouted even, (Name) punched his shoulder gentle enough to not hurt. "Dude! My parents!"

Chat Noir didn't care about their parents right now.
He had expected everything but that.

"Who are you going out with?", he asked, the curiosity getting uncomfortably high.

(Name) first wanted to tell him he didn't know the guy anyway, but that wasn't true when they thought about it.

They thought for a minute, he wouldn't recognize him by name.

"Remember that weird slenderman-like person that was after me for some reason?"

Chat Noir scrunched his nose.

No way in hell did they go out with that guy.

"His actual name's Jake and he wanted a talk since I ignored him after he got akumatized."

Chat Noir followed them walking to their desk, watching them as they were noting the time and place for tomorrow's meet up.

"So, you're going out as...classmates then?"
He didn't even want to title them as "friends".

They sighed, "I don't know? He called it a date just now." they seemed like they weren't even sure if they wanted to go on this, what Jake called, "date".

Chat Noir shook his head and started walking in circles, "You can't go on a date with him! That weirdo had some strange obsession with you!", he claimed, which wasn't wrong. He remembers clearly how he'd ripped faces off for the sake of finding (Name), who by the way, also almost lost their face.

(Name) rolled their eyes, "He was Akumatized. Of course he'd acted obsessed and weird."
they gazed down at their hands, not sure if their feeling was right.
"Everyone's been telling me I need to start meeting new people anyway, so why not give it a start? Maybe I'll like it?"

Chat Noir stared unimpressed, he didn't trust that guy with (Name), why couldn't they go out with Kim instead? At least there he knew it would last less than a day.

"Why do you care anyway?", they chuckled. Chat Noir couldn't see what was so supposedly funny though.
Why did he care?
I don't care! I just want the best for them is all. And Jake..

Chat Noir shrugged, "I just.. don't trust him after the last encounter." (Name) scoffed and and seemed to get irritated by the second.
"Look man, it's just one little meet up, that's it. Also Jake's a nice guy. You just got to meet him at a wrong time, I guess." Chat Noir stared them suspiciously up and down, "Yeah..no I'm not convinced sorry. At least let me come with you, then he knows he can't try anything!"

As Chat Noir came closer to them and basically nudged their side with his head they pushed his head gently away from them, his face laying still on their palm.
"Dude, it's two people only. Also he's a sweetheart."

His ear twitched annoyed, his tail stiffened irritated. Sweetheart?, his mind replayed against his own will.
In that moment something built up in his chest. He didn't know what it was, but it felt quite close to disgust or anger.

(Name) wasn't dumb, neither were they blind. Why is he getting so worked up over this??

"Are you jealous?" they wanted to ask, feeling a slight joy in their chest when thinking of the possibility of Chat Noir of all people getting jealous over.. well Jake.

"What's your problem?", they groaned instead. Why'd I say it like that??, they internally regretted. Chat Noir scoffed at their rude question, "I don't have a problem! Just saying, one second he could give you flowers, and the next he's ripping out your face."
(Name) felt a slight annoyance build up in their head. For some reason, Chat Noir's behavior was starting to piss them off. But instead of letting it get to them, they breathed in, and slowly let the air back out.

"Let's just let this rest, okay?"

I hate when they're playing the bigger person!, Chat Noir huffed and crossed his arms.
"Fine, but if you die or won't have a face after your oh so precious date with him, I'll laugh at you."

Why didn't I just tell them I don't want them to go out with him?

.
.
.
Why am I so against it?