chapter 48

When Chat Noir arrived, there was someone else in a suit.

"Chat Noir! This is Flairmidable! Miraculous of the dog!"
Chat Noir stared suspiciously at the owner of the dog miraculous, getting the strong vibe he knows who the guy behind the mask is.
"How exactly is he going to help."

"Oh, just trust him!"

_________________________________

He should not have trusted him.

The news were going crazy, the city was evacuated, no one could come in or go out of Paris.
(Name) was watching the news intently with their parents, all of them holding onto each other.
"Come on Chat..", they mumbled quietly to themselves, so quiet that it was more of a hushed breath.
Please be careful.

The two heroes got betrayed, and the media recorded all of it. But right now, the media was searching for Ladybug and Chat Noir who had to hide to recharge.
Ladybug however was having a panic attack at the Agreste Mansion, and Adrien was comforting her, telling her that everything will be okay.

He knew it wasn't going to be okay.

He didn't even know what he was doing, Ladybug was hyperventilating infront of him and cursed under her breath for mistaking Felix for Adrien.

"How could I have been so stupid!", she kept crying and lost her breaths in between her sobbing.
"Ladybug I'm begging you, believe me when I say that it isn't over yet! You can't give up!"

Eventually Ladybug left, and Adrien transformed back to follow after her.
The damage Paris had to indure may have been replacable, but the trauma and fear of the future everyone had to endure that day was going to stay until Shadow Moth would be destroyed for the better.

The parisians had deep down lost hope but would continue to root for the heroes.
The Duo had to play strong, even though they were devastated, hurt, exhausted, and only children.

The media watched every moment.
Ladybug had lost the other miraculouses.
In the mean time, Felix had stolen the miraculous of the feather.

But after all of it, the heroine used her lucky charm and undid the damage that once was. She went infront of camera and swore with her life that she would bring peace upon Paris one day once and for all.

The duo hugged each other tight, knowing the hardest time was yet to come and this was only the beginning.
"I will stand by your side to the day I die. We'll get everything back.", Chat Noir whispered at the trembling heroine, showing courage and strength.

_____________________________________

"What the fuck kind of name is Monarch even?", Sam yelled at the TV after the live fight ended. Nicole hugged her close and (Name) decided that they've had enough for today, I'm mentally drained.
"I'm.. uh, going to my room."
The married couple turned to their child, both wrapping their arms around them and gifting them with kisses across their face.
"Good night darling. If you need anything just come downstairs."

Closing their door behind them, they saw another presence hocking there and petting the kitten that was usually roaming around in their room or outside their balcony.

Their eyes widened when they saw the cat they were watching just a few minutes ago. He noticed them too and they locked their eyes for a second. Looking into his eyes they saw the sadness in him.

"Hello, your highness..", he greeted, standing up from the ground. (Name) approached him slowly, Why is he here? He looks so exhausted. "What are you doing here?", they asked him, gazing at him and sneakily trying to find bruises.

"I didn't know where else to go..", he tried to chuckle lowly but his throat felt too stuffed.
(Name) stared at him, frowning. They didn't have any pity with him, for some reason it just hurt them seeing him so devastated.

They sat down on their bed and sighed, patting the free space next to them. "Come here."
He at first hesitated for a minute, unsure if he'll regret this later on but he really couldn't hold his emotions in anymore.

_________________________________

When I offered him to sit down on my bed I honestly didn't expect his next action.
He straight up jumped me, wrapping his own arms around my neck.
I was too shocked to process what had happened and just hugged him back.

I felt my shirt getting wet.

Only then did I realize, he was here because he needed to cry. "Oh Chat Noir..", I frowned. Listening to his silent sobs and hiccups. His whole body was trembling and his breathing was unsteady and shaky. My grip on him tightened, I pulled him to my lap and stroke his back slowly. I grew nervous myself, unsure if I was doing anything right, I don't know how to comfort people??!

His voice brought me out of my thoughts, I kept quiet to listen to his already incomprehensible talk.
"I'm sorry. You're the only one my mind kept drifting to when I tried to find a safe place..", he whispered slightly panting.
I kept quiet, knowing he wasn't done yet. He took a deep breath, "You're the only one I have."

I felt my heart aching, that's not possible. I don't know him at a..

All of a sudden my mind went blank. I stared at his figure hugging mine.
Am I stupid?
This boy came all the way to my house, injured even, because I'm the one he felt like he could cry on.
And I have the audacity to say he's a stranger?
"Hey, it's okay. Let everything out. I'm listening."

Chat Noir ranted about everything he gone through ever since he first accepted the miraculous, not once did he push himself off my shoulder. In fact, his arms only held me tighter, his right hand soon even reaching out to hold onto the back of my head, as if I was the one who needed comfort even though he was right here crying.
"I just.. I know I need to be strong for Ladybug. But.. it's really hard when I know how many times I was ready to give up my life and how many times I would've actually lost it just because I needed to act strong." He whispered, his voice sounding raspy and dry.

"I'm just fifteen." He finished, his body slightly relaxing after all the fear he had to endure.
He's just fifteen.
He's just fifteen and already so..

I cupped his cheeks and stared into his teary eyes.

..so beautiful.

My eyes widened.

What.

My face started heating up and I forgot what I wanted to tell him.

No.

I think he noticed my sudden change in behavior, he tilted his head and sniffed a bit.
"Do I look that bad?", he asked, a slight smile forming on his face.
He probably did look like a mess. I mean, he was sobbing uncontrollably just now and his face is swollen and full of snot.
He stared at me for another second before he cupped my cheeks, "Hey. Did you cry too?"

I stared at him confused, "What? No I didn't. Why?"
He stroke my cheek with his thumb. "Your face is all flushed and your eyes are glossy." He pointed out.

No way.
This is not happening.
"You're seeing things because you just cried a river on my shirt, dude."

Of course I had to play it cool.
I wasn't developing any feelings for a man that was snotty and puffy.

Chat Noir sighed with a smile and dropped his forehead on my shoulder again. I thought he needed a round two after I told him how much he cried, but he just wrapped his arms around me and thanked me.
"Thank you for just being you.", he whispered.

Thump.

Thump.

I felt shivers come all the way down to my spine. I felt my heartbeat increase and my stomach starting to tickle uncomfortably. I heard myself stammering. I felt my body getting unbearably hot. I especially felt guilty for even thinking that someone is beautiful while they were crying right in front of me.

Thump.

Oh fuck.