chapter 40

"I.. should go now, I think."

(Name) shrugged, "Alright."
They walked him downstairs and told him not to let himself be caught, to which he put on his really ugly glasses again.
They cringed when they had to look at him and disapprovingly sighed.

Back in their room alone with the kitten, they sat down in silence, petting the cat with no thoughts in their head.

_________________________________

Adrien was back at home.
He was burning emotionally.
But he kept quiet about it.
Plagg does nothing to help, he just tells him stuff that isn't even true.

He decided to take a shower to relax his thoughts.
But even while he was in the shower...
They think my eyes are shiny. He couldn't help but sigh with a smile.
What. He quickly got rid of whatever that was. It was probably just because (Name) doesn't usually compliment him.

Getting out of the shower he dried his hair with a towel.
There, Plagg was waiting for him with a stern expression.

"Adrien, I don't think you should visit (Name) tonight.", the Kwami said, to which Adrien's face immediately dropped.
"What? Why?"

Plagg flew over to him, looking seriously concerned. "If this gets out of hand with your little.. "friendship" that you two have going on, you could get yourself into serious trouble."

Adrien scoffed annoyed, "Plagg, I know how to handle this. I've been Paris' superhero for almost a year already. You can trust me!"
Plagg shook his head, "It's not that I don't trust you. But (Name) is smarter than I thought they were."
Adrien looked away from his Kwami and avoided eyecontact with him. "I'm as careful as I can be. I promise."

Plagg sighed, knowing that he can't change his mind anyway.
He was already too used to them.

Adrien smiled seeing as Plagg slowly gave in. "Nothing will happen. And if there should be something, I'll be there to take care of it."

In that moment the breakong news played, a new akuma victim was on the run.
"Plagg, claws out!"

_____________________________________

(Name) pet the cat, thinking of a name for her.
I can't call you dork just because you remind me of him. They snickered to themselves playing with the paws of the kitten.
Their phone suddenly rang, showing the news flash with a new Akuma victim. They groaned, "Seriously? Right when I'm in the middle of something?"
The kitten cuddled up to them and they laid down on their bed, "Chat Noir's got us covered, little girl.", they smiled at the small cat.

And Chat Noir had them covered, he always has.

Of course, as if on cue, he left after the fight to go visit (Name) and make sure they were okay.
Hearing him enter the room, they greeted him with a smile.
"It's surprisingly early for your visit.", they teased the cat hero who looked at the clock.
It was only 7PM, which is really early compared to all the other visits that are usually around 9-11PM.
His ears twitched slightly and he snickered. "Is that bad?" He asked the teen who was still spread on their bed, not leaving any room for other candidates.

They shrugged, letting go of the kitten who ran over to Chat Noir. "I mean if my parents see you in my room just like that, it could get rough for both of us."

"So..", they sat up. "How about you come back later?"
Chat Noir stared at them, irritated almost. They never sent him away! But he never came at times where people were still awake.

He pouted, his tail losing all sense of self control and just dropping to the floor.
(Name) rolled their eyes unimpressed, "It's just like an hour later dude. I'm not telling you to never come back."
"Same thing."

However, Chat Noir's weapon started ringing. He thought it was Ladybug but then he saw it was his father.
(Name) saw how the color of his face practically washed down. "Are you okay?" They asked confused.
"It's my dad!"
Now even (Name) grew nervous. "Is it FaceTime?" They asked, standing up getting ready to leave the room for him for a second.
He shook his head and just put his index finger in front of his mouth, indicating them to stay quiet for a second. They obeyed him and nodded.

They observed his behavior closely, feeling a smile creep up on their face. The way his ears were flickered up, the way his tail was nervously wailing side to side really slow, the way his face was sweating, the way his hair was ruined by the sudden shock of getting a phone call from his dad.

Hell, now they even regret telling him to come back later.
Their smile faded when they saw his ears flap down flatly and his tail stopping to wag. It again dropped to the ground completely. They looked at his expression and saw him frowning. "Yes Father, I'll come down in a second. I just got out of the shower I need to get dressed first."

The call ended and he put his weapon back to his belt.
He came closer to where (Name) was sitting and leaned close to their face as he lowered his voice, afraid their parents might hear him. "I need to go, we'll see each other tonight though, so don't fall asleep." He winked at them and then backed away to leave.

He didn't know that (Name) felt his voice on their face prickle. He left them in their bedroom alone. Their face flushed.

(Name) wasn't usually someone who would get turned on by the simplest things.
However right now...

Holy shit.
They touched their face, and for the first time in so long, they felt physical attraction.
Only for a small moment though, after all, it was Chat Noir who did it.
Not someone else.
He just has an attractive voice and the closeness caught them off guard.

They felt a shiver go down their spine.
It just came unexpected.
They kept telling themselves.