chapter 29

"Lila is absent again?" Adrien asked, (Name) being equally as confused. "Did she decide to ditch school for a year again?", they asked, thinking she pussed out.

"Lila says she's been feeling really sick, I don't know." Alya replied, looking at her phone screen.

Adrien gave (Name) a concerned look, (Name) mirroring his expression.

"I don't believe that." They answered and decided to look for their redheaded friend. "Have you guys seen Nathaniel though?"

"Oh yeah, He told me yesterday that he had a doctors appointment and wouldn't come to school." Marinette chimed in, making (Name) grump.

"Ugh..Right, I forgot."

"That means you can hang with us for the whole day!" Adrien chuckled, nudging their shoulder.

"hooray."

"Can't you be a bit more enthusiastic?"

"Haha, no."

Adrien and (Name) kept talking and were walking in the front. Their three friends watching from behind them.

"Oh, I get what you two meant." Marinette whispers, smiling at the scenery.

"How long do you think will it take for them to notice we're not right beside them?" Nino smirked, watching as his girlfriend took a secret picture.

Well, they walked into class together and then they noticed.

"Hey, where are the others?" (Name) asked him confused, looking around.

Adrien scratched his head, having no idea himself.

He sat down on his seat and looked over at (Name), who was still staring at the direction of the door.

Then the three others came and (Name) went to sit on their own seat. Noticing that the redhead who would usually accompany them was for real absent, they groaned and took out their phone.

Emo loner💀⛓
i can't believe you'd do this to me.
fucking traitor
fuck u
and mark.

Ginger😐
the fuck did mark do??
also u knew i was going to be absent u lit cried when i told u😐🫵

Emo loner💀⛓
YEAH WELL I FORGOT
leaves me here to rod.

Ginger😐
You have Adrien 🫶

Emo loner💀⛓
ew

(Name) looked over to Adrien, who was talking to Nino.
They couldn't hear what they were saying, and they honestly didn't care much since they are big nerds.
But (Name) kept staring at Adrien.

He's.. glowing.

Is that a thing models have or..?

(Name) couldn't process the beauty of Adrien when he was happy.
It's unfair to look so good AND be able to have a good time.

They sighed and looked away from him, deciding to actually listen to the teacher instead of doing whatever they would usually do.

_________________________________

After the lesson ended Nino walked up to (Name), "You're always so slow, you know that?" he said, helping them tidy their desk.

(Name) stared up at Nino, a bland expression on their face, they didn't respond though, instead they went back to stuffing their stuff into their bag.

When they were done they walked out of the classroom. Adrien, who was waiting outside the door for them, lights up and immediately starts talking to the two, starting a conversation.

On their way to lunch Nino confessed that he had to ditch the others because him and Alya wanted to eat alone again, since they do this every month at least once.
The two nodded and waved him off.

Then Adrien got a Message from Marinette.

"What'd she say?", (Name) asked trying to peek over his shoulders to get a look at the message.

Mari😊
I'll be eating somewhere else with Luka
tell the others aswell pls!!

"Uh..she's busy." Adrien concluded, scratching his head.
Is today some international couple's feast day??

"So we'll be eating alone?" (Name) asked and took out their phone. He nodded, "Yeah, but if you don't want-" "Let's go eat somewhere else aswell then.", Not letting him finish his sentence, they pressed their screen against his face. "Here are some nice cafés! If those two couples can eat good then I can too."

The three other friends listened intently to their conversation, Alya and Marinette high fiving each other.

Of course they planned it so that these two would hang out alone.
But they did want to spend some alone time with their significant other aswell so it was a win-win situation in every way possible.

Unbeknownst to the silent cheering of other students, (Name) and Adrien started selecting a promisingly sounding café to visit.

_________________________________

This place is so expensive!

"I just.. I just wanted a sandwich.." You sulked, your good mood now being gone.
"Then get one?" Adrien encouraged, not understanding what your problem was.

"Agreste. I'm not rich.", you snarled back, reminding the boy about wealth differences.

Now Adrien started to understand.
"Then, do you want to go somewhere else?", he asked, already ready to leave.
However, you just shook your head, "Nah, it's fine, I don't eat lunch during schooltime much anyway. You buy yourself something to eat."

5 Minutes later Adrien got a bag and took your hand in his, "Let's eat in the park!"
The whole walk to the park Adrien didn't dare to peek inside the bag just yet, saving it for when they settle down.

So once they sat down on a bench, Adrien rummaged through the bag immediately.
He pulled out two wrapped sandwiches.
"Here, they accidentally gave me two instead of one but I didn't want to be rude.", he explained, handing you the sandwich you've been thirsting over.

Of course, this was a lie.
Adrien bought it on purpose.
And he actually liked spending his money on you.
It feels right to spend money for you.

You however believed him, He wouldn't even be able to reject a bee..
"How come life treats you with the best mistakes?", you asked without really wanting an answer and took the other wrapped sandwich.

Adrien just laughed bashfully and unwrapped his sandwich.

_________________________________

They ate their sandwiches and Adrien took a couple selfies with (Name), who at first didn't want to but then quickly gave in and let him take the pictures he wanted.

"Lunch will end soon, we should go back to school.", (Name) said after checking the time. Adrien nodded and stood up, ready to go back to school.

"You need to learn how to say no." (Name) casually said to fill the silence on their way back to school.
"What do you mean?"
"You know, you paid for two sandwiches even though you only wanted one. You could've said you only ordered one, you know?"
Adrien smiled, "...You're right, could have avoided that."