chapter 51

(Name) snuck back into their room, it was currently 9PM and their parents went to sleep.
They closed the door quietly with a tray in their left hand.
Tea and cookies.

Chat Noir's ears pierced up and his tail started wagging happily, and for the first time they acknowledged this trait of his.
They snickered and decided not to say anything about it for now.

They put the tray down on the floor and sat down next to him.

Chat Noir took his tea and blowed it a bit, since it was still hot.

(Name) was gazing to the ground, in their own mind again.
Chat Noir had noticed this and knew by now that them looking to the ground meant they were afraid to speak up about something.
He took a sip from his tea and put it back down on the tray.

He smiled at them softly and lifted their chin up, "So, what's on your mind?", he asked with a lower but soft voice.

(Name) felt hot again for a second, his action took them by surprise. And then his look at them too, that definitely made it worse.
They brushed his hand away and looked somewhere else for a second. Inhaling deeply.

"Okay before I start, I'm bad at apologizing, just wanted to make that clear."
They started, to which Chat Noir tilted his head confused, "Apologize for wh-", he was shushed down by (Name)'s index finger.
He blushed at that, actually shutting up for them while observing their expression.

"I'm sorry for saying you're a stranger, when you're obviously everything but that.—" They cut their sentence off for a second, not knowing what to say.
"..I keep saying I don't even know your name but that's not even true. So what if I don't know your civilian name? Chat Noir is also a name, it's your name."

Chat Noir kept staring at them, his pupils dilating. He had never heard them sincerely apologize for anything.

"What I want to say is.."

They went and put their hand on his, gazing into his eyes slightly embarrassed by the moment, having never expected they would ever apologize to someone like this.
His heart skipped a beat the moment they put their hand on his, and even though it was protected by a glove for him it felt like he could still feel the texture of their skin.

"I'm glad I met you."

Just like that, Chat Noir was hypnotized by them. He couldn't keep his eyes off them for even a split second.
Everything around them disappeared in his eyes for the moment, he could only hear them.

"..And I realized in the past few days where we didn't see each other that I value your friendship more than I thought and—"
(Name) stopped talking, they stopped looking apologetic as well. Instead, they kept staring at him and tried not to smile, but they errupted into a fit of laughter quickly.

Even though he couldn't understand why they were laughing, he didn't dislike it.
"I'm sorry!", they wheezed out trying to be quiet to not wake their parents.
"I can't do this if you keep staring at me like that..!", they choked on their spit afterwards and started coughing hysterically.

He tilted his head confused and stammered slightly, "L-Like what?", he noticed their coughing wasn't getting any better so he pat them on their back until they stopped. They wiped away a tear from having coughed and looked up into his eyes.
"I don't know how to explain it! You're just distracting me with that look."

He could feel his face heating up. He couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing, but something about it made him nervous.

Fortunately for him though, the kitten walked in, interrupting the moment and jumped on (Name)'s lap, wanting their attention.