No spare room

"So where can I stay? I don't want to be a bother.." Brynhild asked while Hiccup showed her around Berk.

"Right.. we'll we don't exactly have a spare room, but you can just take the bed! Raven and I will sleep on the sofa." Hiccup decided.

"Thank you Hiccup, that's sweet.." Bryn smiled and hugged hiccup who was surprised to say the least.

"So where are you from anyway?" hiccup asked eager to learn more about her. He gazed into her bright different coloured eyes with such youthful wonder. He truly was interested in Bryn, and that was new for her.

She gulped taking in his intensity, "Um.. you know, here and there.." she said and Hiccup was noticeably dissapointed by her vagueness.

"I don't think I've been there before." Hiccup let out a chuckle, flies stirred in Bryns stomach, she couldn't keep hiding things like this.

"I have someplace to show you.." Bryn said getting on Ghost. "But only if you want to." She added rubbing her dragons back.

"Sure! Where we going?" He asked whistling for toothless and getting on the saddle.

"I'm showing you where I'm from." Bryn said. "This may take a while though.." she admitted.

"That's okay by me, what about you bud? Up for a long fly?" He asked and toothless roared excitedly hopping.

Bryn led him over the cold winter ocean, the air was sharp on each of there skin but after a couple hours they made it to land.

Hiccup was amazed at what he saw.

He hopped off toothless and landed on soft black sand. "What is this?" Hiccup asked.

"Volcanic sand." Bryn said. "AKA Iceland." She smiled laying on the beach. Hiccup ran around with toothless examining the place, he even put some sand in an empty vail for later and then layer down with Bryn.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Hiccup asked.

"Because I didn't want to keep any secrets anymore." Bryn said. "This is where I'm from."

Hiccup smiled and held her hand, "thank you for showing me." He said.

"There's something else." She started and hiccup sat up,

"What is it?" He asked.

Bryn sat up and ran a hand through her silky hair, sand fell out of it's she did so.

She sighed and said, "I ran away from home. My father is also chief of an island not far from here, he never let me journey off the island without supervision. He said It's not safe for someone like me, so I ran." She said holding back tears.

Hiccup out a hand on Bryns shoulder concerned, "that's okay." He said. "You can stay on Berk for however long you want. I can show you so many places!" Hiccup smiled.

"How about you show me your bedroom first?" Bryn asked chuckling and letting out a yawn.

Hiccup flushed, was she flirting? No she's just tired! Wait a second why am I even thinking these things I'm dating Raven!? He thought, his eyes were wide and his mind was racing.

"You okay there?" Bryn asked running her eye sleepily.

Hiccup jumped laughing embarrassed, "huh? Yup!! Never been better!" He said loudly.

Bryn looked at him funny and giggled amused, "okayy.." she said and got on Ghost and they all rode back to Berk.

~time skip~

"So this is the bedroom! It's not the most spacious but it's home!" hiccup smiled presenting the room to Bryn.

"It's cozy.." she said sitting on the bed.

"I should leave you to it then! Raven is sleeping downstairs." Hiccup said heading towards the door.

"Wait!" Bryn said suddenly and she blushed from how desperate she sounded.

Hiccup turned and looked at her concerned, "everything alright?" He asked.

"Yea.. sorry, I'm just a little homesick still.. is it alright if we could maybe.. talk?" Bryn asked getting under a blanket.

Hiccup looked out the door hesitating and then walked over to the bed and sat down, "sure, what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I don't know anything about you, let's start there." Bryn said.

And so they talked. And they kept talking, and talking... and talking.... until before they could even realise what was happening, they both fell asleep.