The truth is unleashed

Hiccup went back to the great hall where Valka was waiting with Bryn. They had been chatting away the whole time and Valka had grown to really like Bryn. "Ah Hiccup! we were just talking about all the races you two get up to!" Valka said.

Hiccup smiled and then frowned when he looked at Bryn. "Is something wrong?" Bryn asked.

"We need to talk, Bryn." Hiccup said hesitantly. 

"Yeah sure thing." Bryn smiled and followed Hiccup back to his house. Hiccup shut the door and paced around the room. "Hiccup?" Bryn said concerned.

Hiccup looked up at her and then sat down by the fireplace, "i just spoke with your dad." He said and Bryn gulped and her blood ran cold.

"oh." Bryn said and looked away.

"He said some things that have really confused me.." Hiccup said with a hand on his chin.

"oh yeah?" Bryn smiled uncomfrtably not knowing how much he knew.

"Bryn, you can be truthful with me, right?" Hiccup asked.

"Of course Hiccup" Bryn replied sitting down next to him and putting a hand on his.

"What does he mean when he says the people around you should be scared?" He asked concerned.

Bryn winced and took a deep breath. "I.. I can't tell you" She mumbled.

Hiccup frowned at her, "Why not?" He asked.

"I just cant!" She whined.

"Why?" Hiccup asked again angrily.

"I'm cursed!" Bryn cried. Hiccup widened his eyes in shock. He was too stunned to say anything.

"I've said too much..." Bryn cried and ran out of the house.

"Wait!" Hiccup yelled after her but she was already running away. "Dont follow me, Ghost!" She commanded quickly when she ran past her dragon.

I must follow after her! Hiccup thought and ran for her until he reached a forest. It was dark by now and he could hardly see anything. Toothless had caught up with him and ran beside him as he bashed into trees and bushes.

"Bryn!" Hiccup yelled again and then in the distance he saw a glowing light and ran towards it and he saw Nova was surrounded by the glowing light which he thought was weird but called after her again and she turned around shocked and then fell backwards and went out of sight. Hiccup yelled worried and ran over to where she fell and saw  she had fallen down a slope and Hiccup followed the skip mark on the dirt until he couldnt anymore because he was about to fall off a cliff edge. 

"Wait a minute" Hiccup said realising this was the lake he had met toothless all those years ago. He then remembered Bryn had fallen off a cliff and his heart sank and hopped onto toothless and flew down to the lake and hopped off and looking around he saw shredded clothing everywhere and then he saw the crest that Nova wears.

"what..?" Hiccup mumbled confused and then he heard a struggle happening and looked over and squinted trying to see in the dark. something began to glow and his eyes widened seeing a glowing dragon who was stumbling over with something in its mouth and it pulled it apart and spat it out. it was more of Novas clothing!

Toothless tilted his head curious and ran over to the dragon and sniffed it and then chirped smiling and the glowing red drawing looked at him with wide eyes and it cowered spinning around so its back was not turned to toothless. 

Hiccups heart sank realising that this dragon must have eaten Nova! "You murderer!" he yelled puling out his fire sword and running towards the dragon but he got smacked back and he landed on his butt with an oof. Toothless had hit him away with his tail and lowered his ears worried and crouched towards Hiccup sniffing to check he was okay but lifted his head again and looked to see the red dragon had run off and he chased after her again.

Hiccup growled getting up and running after the two and found them the red dragon was cornered by the cliff edge and Hiccup was confused as to why it wouldnt just fly away because it had large wings and they looked untouched although the rest of the dragon was littered with scars. it roared meekly and hiccup gripped his sword tighter and went towards it but Toothless jumped in the way and roared at hiccup threateningly. Hiccup dropped his sword shocked and stared at his dragon confused, "What is going on with you?" He sneered enraged. 

Toothless chirped and stepped aside looking at the dragon and then looking back at Hiccup. Hiccup tilted his head to peer at the red dragon and he looked into its eyes and realised something he missed...

This dragon had two different coloured eyes, blue and green.

"Nova...?" Hiccup asked the dragon and it purred quietly in response and then looked away in shame. Toothless roared as if it say 'took you long enough!!' and Hiccup walked towards Nova.

Nova lifted her wings defensively and growled and Hiccup threw his hands up and cooed "woah its okay! I'm not going to hurt you" He said and Nova let her guard down a little but was breathing heavily. Hiccup looked at her scarred dragon form and felt sad thinking what must have happened to cause those scars. She was a dragon he had never seen before, she was various shades of red with stripes and spikes going down her back and tail and she had two horns on her head as well has a beaked mouth. She was still slightly glowing and she looked scared.

"is this what your dad was talking about?" Hiccup asked and Nova frowned and nodded.

"You dont seem so bad" Hiccup said honestly. She seemed harmless enough!

"come on lets get you back you can sleep in toothless' perch' hiccup smiled and Nova nodded her head shyly.

Toothless hopped around still excited that Nova was a dragon but Nova wasnt in the mood as they all walked back to Hiccups house.

"this is where you can sleep" Hiccup said and Nova circled around distressed.

"So.. How long do you stay like this?" He asked and Nova looked at him pensively and roared.

"Why did i think you would answer in english" Hiccup shook his head feeling stupid. 

Nova sat on her butt and lifted her front legs wobbling as she did so and help up one claw.

"One day?" Hiccup guessed and Nova shook her head and then did a sleeping motion with her front legs. "oh one night!" Hiccup said and Nova nodded. "thats not so bad i dont know what your dad was so worried about" Hiccup shrugged and Nova turned away upset. 

"Did he do this to you?" Hiccup asked walking over and running his hand over her scarred scales.

She looked down at him and nodded looking away again. Hiccup continued to run his hand along her scales in awe "May i draw you?" Hiccup asked. Nova shrugged with her wings and Hiccup smiled, "I'll go get my note pad and pencil" He said. "I'll turn on the fire too its gettign a bit chilly" He said and started a light at the fireplace and Nova looked over curious but her slitted eyes widened scared at what was about to happen but it was too late as Hiccup started the fire and Novas pupils went evil and she began to growl and then lept after Hiccup.

"Nova!! Stop!" Hiccup yelled dodging out of the way and Nova crashed right into the fireplace shaking the entire house when she did. She shook her head dizzily from the truama and while she did that Hiccup quickly threw water onto the fire and when NOva opened her eyes again she had gone back to normal and she looked down at Hiccup guiltily.

"Okay, no fire then" He laughed awkwardly.

Nova turned to leave the house but Hiccup stopped her, "please stay! No one got hurt! Just rest here for the night okay?" Hiccup pleaded and Nova went over to her corner and curled up and tried to go to sleep. 

Hiccup watched her dragon form breath rhythmically asleep and then went to go to his own bed but he could not resist and sat down by Nova and eventually fell asleep against her tail.