Obstacles

Bryn opened her sleepy eyes slowly and stifled a yawn looking around her surroundings. It was still dark out but the birds had begun to chirp. She looked to her left and smiled in her sleepy haze, hiccup was fast asleep next to her. His lips were slightly parted and he was letting out the cutest snores. 

I could get used to this, Bryn thought and then fell back asleep.

Sometime later when the sun was beaming down on the two, Hiccup opened his eyes half asleep and smiled back when he saw Bryn fast asleep. His hand moved on its own and he caught himself stroking her hair back and his eyes widened and he flew out of bed. 

"Oh no, Oh no!" He whispered gripping his bedhair and breathing heavily. "maybe Raven isnt awake yet!" He whispered and ran downstairs. He gulped when he saw Raven was wide awake and making breakfast. 

"morning" She said hiding her sadness. 

Hiccup could hardly breath, "Morning" He said guiltily. He sat down at the table and Raven poured him a drink, "I had a nice dream last night." Raven said. 

a bead of sweat dripped from hiccups brow and he chuckled awkwardly, "Oh yea?" He said confused. Why hasn't she chewed me out yet!? he thought to himself. 

Raven sat down at the table and drank her water and ate the fish she cooked for herself and hiccup. 

"this is really good" Hiccup said but had trouble swallowing.

Raven hummed and patted her mouth clean with a rag and stood up grabbing her coat and heading out the door.

"w-where are you going?" Hiccup asked.

"To ride Nebula." She said plainly. 

Hiccup couldn't take it anymore and stood up and knealed at Raven's feet. "I'm so sorry i didnt mean to fall asleep while i was up there! I promise you nothing happened!" He said.

Raven knealed down and put a hand on Hiccups shoulder smiling softly, "It's okay.." She said calmly and kissed him on the lips. Hiccup relaxed slightly but he was still super guilty. "Just don't do it again, okay?" Her smile dropped slightly but returned when he stood up again and walked out the door. 

"I won't!" Hiccup said and then the door closed. He let out a sigh and rubbed his face dry. "stupid hiccup stupid stupid stupid!" He huffed to himself but jumped when he heard someone behind him.

"Who is stupid?" Bryn asked rubbing sleep sand from her eye.

"No one!" hiccup laughed uncomfortably. 

"Oh, ok" she shrugged and sat down. "where's Raven?" Bryn asked

"Out with the dragons," Hiccup said.

"I was thinking of doing the same thing" Bryn smiled thinking. "care to join me?" She asked.

Hiccup gulped and cleared his throat uncomfortably and looked away, "I'm pretty busy.. chief of berk and all.." he shrugged.

"Oh.. okay" Brynhild said looking down at the table.

"I can get someone to escort you around if you'd like! We've got plenty of vikings here who would love to help out the chief" Hiccup said feeling bad for her. 

He shook her head and stood up from her seat. "No, it's okay. I can navigate my way around myself. I was just hoping to hang out with a friend.." She smiled with a sad glint in her eyes.

Hiccup felt like he was going to explode as he watched her head out and start petting Ghost. 

"aand my legs are moving on their own" Hiccup rolled his eyes as he forced himself out the house and towards Bryn. "I think i can spare some time, what do you say Toothless?" Hiccup asked and toothless smiled wagging his tail.