Untitled Part 23

The next day Hiccup had gone off to do his cheif duties leaving Bryn and Ghost to explore the place. Bryn was still in shock from last nights kiss she could hardly focus. Ghost rumbled at her nudging her softly as they were walking down the village and Bryn jumped and sighed embarrassed, "Sorry boy, we can go flying soon," She smiled stroking his ridged nose. He purred and pushed her lightly, Bryn chuckled and glared at him cheekily, "Okay we can go flying now!" She laughed and grabbed onto one of his wing talons as he lifted her onto his back. 

"Where to, Ghost?" She asked but they both stopped when a woman and a fury walked past them and stopped. Bryn's heart stopped for a moment when she realised it was Raven and Nebula. 'oh... Hey," Bryn said nervously. "Hey," Raven replied back with a straight face. Bryn fiddled with the scaled on Ghost's back and forced a smile, "So... how are the kids? I mean babies, the.. the dragons..." She asked stumbling over her words and cursed at herself afterwards. All she wanted to do was hide behind Ghost's frills but her dragon had them lowered, obviously wanting his rider and Raven to hash it out. Damn you, Ghost! Bryn thought. 

"They're good. They each have an appetite of a gronkle but we're managing. " She replied coldly. Bryn thought she was going to jump her at any moment but then Raven said the unexpected, "Don't feel bad about it, okay?" She said. Bryn looked up surprised. Raven had a sad smile on her face, "He picked you, and i will just have to deal with it. I hope you two are happy together." She said graciously. "Raven.." Bryn mumbled in shock, she was touched by this womans kindness. If i were her i would be clawing my eyes out by now! her smile faded however and was replaced by a look of suspicion. Something was up with this Bryn girl, she was hiding something, she thought. 

"Just some advice, about Hiccup," She started and Bryn smiled, "Advice is appreicated, thank you!" She smiled open to learning how to be a better girlfriend. "Hiccup doesn't like secrets." Raven said. Bryn's stomach dropped and her throat became dry, Raven stared her down continuing, "Whatever you're hiding, im sure he will understand. But if you don't tell him, you're going to do more harm than good." She said seriously and then patted Nebula and walked off. Bryn watched her go and then stared down at her hands, they were trembling so she wrapped them around herself hiding them under her arms. "Come on, Ghost," She muttered.

Hiccups POV

I was doing my chief chores around Berk but my mind was in shambles. "What has gotten into you hiccup? You're all angry and stiff like Snotlout!" Fishlegs stammered concerned. "It's nothing," I replied frowning as i continued to check all the dragon stables. "Is this about Raven?" He asked and i tensed up, "Another girl?" Fishlegs suggested surprised. I groaned and paced around pretending i was still doing work. "It is another girl! Is this about that new girl that just moved here? Brian?" He asked and i rubbed my face annoyed, "Bryn," I whined. "Ah that makes more sense..." Fishlegs chuckled awkwardly. 

"Chief! A boat has stowed at the docks," A fisherman said running into the stables. I lowered my notebook confused, "A boat? Who uses boats anymore..?" I said confused. "They were asking to see you," The fisherman explained. Hiccup shrugged, "Uh I guess, Fishlegs, are you alright to finish checking all the stables?" I asked, Fishlegs smiled stiffly and itched at his stuble, "Uh, we finished 30 minutes ago, Hiccup," He said and i flushed embarrassed, "Uhh well then uh, keep up the good work!" I stammered and then ran over to toothless and soared away to the docks as fast as i could. I landed and was greeted by men at the docks. There were only a handleful of them, they all looked pretty intimidating but did not carry any sort of weapons. "You must be the chief," The leader of the group said stepping forward. 

"I am, yes, can i help you?" I replied frowning. Toothless growled by my side as the men drew closer and they all exchanged worried looks and stepped back, except for one man. he had on a heavy set of armour but wore it like it were just cloth. He was large and had a rugged black beard and a tightly pulled back updo. on his chest there was a familiar crest. it was the same crest as the one on bryn's shoulder. Realisation set in, same hair colour, same eyes, this must be Bryn's father. 

"I am Chief Ragnar Wilder. Mind if we have a chat?"