Chapter 16

Time skip Y/n is 17 and would hangout with kakashi a lot. She would still cut herself but managed to hide it well and not make it obvious. She is still suicidal but hanging out with kakashi would make her be in her happy place. She already has made chunin.

Y/n pov:
I wake up in my apartment lonely once again. Jesus i sure am pathetic. I am 17 and still don't have a boyfriend..well it's still like I don't want anyone around my age all I want is my hot Sensei. Kakashi Hatake. Well he doesn't like me like that.

Well even though he doesn't like me I still enjoy his company and he enjoys my company as well. I get up and I put on some day clothes to wear. After getting dressed I head to kakashis house to hangout.

When we hangout we normally talk or train together. Every time I am with kakashi I get weak in the knees. I blush heavily..and he is comfortable around me to not wear his uniform and just wear his casual clothes.

I am also comfortable to wear clothes around him that show my scars and healed cuts. I still cut. It's still painful memories so I still cope by cutting but I keep it secret and he can't see the fresh cuts.

At kakashi's house

I knock on his door and wait for him to open it. He opens the door and smiles with his mask on. "Hey y/n" he says happily. "Hey sensei" I reply. He let's me in the house and we hangout in the living room for a bit just talking about random things.

Kakashi POV:
When I'm around y/n I never get bored. She is a wonderful person to be around even though we have a ten year age gap . She is also a good sparring partner. We train a lot. "Y/n wanna go on a walk?" I ask her.

She smiles and shakes her head yes and we head outside to walk. When we were walking and talking we both see a familiar person running towards us. It was Shizune. "Y/n!!" She catches up to us and stands in front of us. "Y/n Lady Tsunade needs you right now." She says to her.

Y/n looks at me disappointed and I look at her back. "Sorry kakashi sensei but the hokage summoned me. I'll see you later! Bye!" She says to me running with Shizune to the hokage tower. Welp I'm alone.. I walked back home and read a book waiting for y/n to return.

Y/n pov:
We ran to the hokage tower and entered lady Tsunade's office. "Yes lady Tsunade?" I ask her. "Y/n good to see you. I need you for a important solo mission. I need you to go to the village of wood and stay there undercover. We have suspicion of them betraying us. This mission might take a year of gathering Intel. I need you to pack up as soon as possible and head there immediately." She says to me formally.

I stare in shock from her words..A whole year away from kakashi? My friends?..Well I am still a ninja and a ninja must take responsibility. "Yes lady Tsunade I will head out right now. But first can I please tell my team of my sudden leave?" I ask her.

She nods her head yes. "Dismissed" she tells me and I leave. I run to kakashi's house first as fast as I can. I knock on the door frantically and he opens the door. I see him with my eyes already teary and tears falling down to my cheek.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asks me and I shake my head no. I hug him and he hugs me back bringing me into his house. "Whats wrong?" He asks me. I pull away from his hug. "I have to leave for a year for a mission." His eye widens.

"A whole year?" He says shocked. I nod my head yes. He wipes my tears and hugs me again. "You got this y/n. It's gonna be a little hard since my best friend is leaving me for one year but I know you got this okay?" He says hugging me tighter.

I blush and hug him again. I pull away from his hug and look at him. He looks at me back and smiles. I can tell even without seeing his whole face that his smile wasn't real.