Chapter 14 - Tacenda II

"So?" Zeke crossed his arm before he plopped himself on the long sofa of their receiving area. "Anything new?" Zeke sigh when he didn't receive an answer. "You know that silence means yes, correct? What is it now?" 

"What do you want me to tell you?"   Eren replied groggily. There was a long pause before Zeke replied to his younger brother. He was thinking of his brother's action, contemplating if those were right or wrong, but he cannot judge him, he wasn't on his position. Eren has always been reserve since his childhood, he doesn't say much things that are promising, nor does he swore about something but when he does, it never fades away, he will do anything to have it and nobody could predict what's running through his mind.

"Anything…" Zeke finally replied.   "You know you can't just hide what's inside of you forever."
He was loosing hope, even after knowing the conflict, Zeke couldn't fathom his logic. "I don't even know, you've done it and you had to fix it."

"What is there to fix? I told her that I hated her even though it's not true, did you see tje pain in her eyes!? How much she tried to hold back her tears to appear strong infront of me!? It's tearing me appart." Eren gritted his teeth. ".. But I've done it, So I must face it."

"Oh come on," Zeke smiled, moving closer to his younger brother. "Just tell her, I'm very sorry Mikasa. I am a fool who couldn't tell you anything so I told you that I hate you, Will you please forgive me." Zeke continued his act as his brother look at him with a disgusted face. Zeke rolled his eyes, he put his hands on both his sides before he look at his brother seriously.
"I'm just telling you that I think you made a wrong decision of pushing her away and hurting her feelings, look at what is happening? They seem to know you very much that after the engagement's annulment , they still continue to bother her. Well, whatever that is, we need to figure it out as soon as possible." Zeke stood up.    "I'm going, I need to see my son before I go to another meeting with the nobles."

"Hey… How does it feel to have your own family?" Zeke stop and look back at his brother with a grin.

"You'll figure it out in the future, it's having those people you love around you and loves you back, however, the definition of a family varies from person to person." Zeke leaves after that.

           ______________________

"Five kilo of Pork loin please." She waved her hands to get the vendors attention, with a wide smile of victory on her face, she watched as the vendor chopped and kilo the pork loin that she had ask for.

"Five kilo of pork loin, that would be seven gold pieces." The vendor stretched his arm for her to grab the pork.

"Thank you sir, have a nice day. " She sad as she gave five gold coins to the man.   "Now, the only tbing I needed is a Sack of Potatoes and a Sack of grains."

"Wow, you seem to both a lot. Need a hand?"   A hand appears infront of her which surprised her, Sasha look uo to see his smiling face.

"Oh...thanks but no thank you, I can handle this." Sasha smiled at him.    "Besides…" She pointed her finger on a carriage from across them. "I'm bringing a carriage with me."

"The Market doesn't come on your Lady's household?" He ask, surprised.

"Yes, they do but they only come once every two weeks and we needed this ingredients immediately so The Duchess ask for a few of her servants to go to the market. You, what brings you here?"

"I was just lurking around." Sasha raised a brow.

"Is it your day off?"

"Yes, why?"