Tacenda 18

Chapter 18 - Tacenda II

Chapter 18: Falling Relationships II

        She felt horrible by the sudden realization, horrible- in the sense that she completely doesn't know what is happening in her own motherland. Angry in herself for keeping her heart so angry with him, even with the realization what is happening-she doesn't know if she could ever forgive him for not telling her the truth.

"You'll bring me back to the capital." She demanded, meeting his eyes with an angry gaze. It doesn't falter no matter how much he say that it is fine without her and she could have her vacation.   
"Don't make excuses because I can't hear it, for only I can hear myself."  She clenched her fist.

He was about to open his mouth when she spoke again.
" Shh, Save it later, now bring me back."

Eren didn't budge in her command.
" No, you'll be leaving the country tonight." 

She smiled sarcastically, " Oh, What a protector, but I don't need it." 
She clenched her fist, 'I'd rather protect you than you protect me.'
Mikasa step closer to him. "I'd go back."

The determination in her eyes didn't falter as she goes back in her carriage and Eren was left there, speechless.

                    _______

A deep sigh escape her lips as her carriage travel back home, it had started raining and it seems like it rains to matched her mood. She had never felt as hurt as she does right now, more than when Eren said that he never love her. It's a betrayal, it's painful that nobody trusts her on things that she has been working on for so long ever since she became Eren's fianceé years ago. Her heart thumps heavily, bitng her lower lip as she tried to calm her anger but it seems that it is useless. The carriage arrive at the gate of the Ackerman Manor and the guard open up the gate to welcome them.

Once, the carriage reaches the stairs to their doorstep she immediately emerged and barged inside the house. Her family seems to be talking about something.

"Really?" Mikasa uttered angrily, "You hid it, from me? I may not be the crown Princess anymore but that doesn't mean, I wouldn't care about our country!!"

  Her father stood up, his eyes were wide as he look at her daughter's angry gaze.
" Mikasa, shouldn't you be at the Port right now?"

Mikasa sigh and nodded. " Yes, I supposed. I should be, I must be." She paused, looking at her family's curious faces.
"..but I decided not to go,why should I be having a vacation?"

"What do you mean?" The Duchess ask, her daughter has been acting strangely ever since she go back. "You deserve it, you've been the crown Princess for so long and you never took a break." 

Mikasa gave them a sarcastic smile, it seems like they would never tell her the truth and let her be dumb of what is really happening in the country. She found out a few hours ago, with all the people talking - she heard the guards talk Bout bandits. The crowds of people trying to leave the country and Eren straight up lying on her face.

"I deserve to have a break while the people of our country dies in the hand of another country!?" She raised her voice, she couldn't handle it anymore, she was shaking in anger.
"Don't make me a coward, for I am not it. If I die, I die but I'll die trying to protect the country."

" Don't make a statement as if you were a hero," Levi look at her sharply.

" I don't mean to say that." Mikasa look at her brother and sigh, " I just want to help, can't I do that?"  She ask sadly, looking down at the floor.