Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Towards the End

"Mikasa!"

She felt her ears rang, so loud, she couldn't hear anything else, even her vision is blurry. Her heart is racing against her chest, so fast, yet it made her think she is going to die soon. She was injured, her right foot was bleeding, and she was lost, she didn't know what to do, what to think as her mind clouds of worriedness that it makes her feel immobile.

Eren was still fighting, she could see him from where she is but she could tell that he was exhausted, like her. The whole country is in chaos and it's only been hours of nonstop bombing and firings, she wondered if she could go out alive or any of those whom she loves is still alive. She grits her teeth for thinking so miserably, as if everything was hopeless and she should not hope more, yet here she is, hoping to get out alive. She took a deep breath, ignoring her aching body in favour to move faster.
She had no choice but to do so, queitly, because she doesn't have any weapons with her. All of her weapon was used while fighting earlier.

Another bomb explodes, closed to the palace gates- making the already vulnerable gate collapsed under the intense shaking of the ground, it almost made her wonder if there was an earthquake as the fight continues.

Why must there be war?, She thinks to herself bitterly as she looks around, the sour expression clouds her beautiful face and her once bright eyes, became so dull and weary. She had never felt this way before as if everything had finally fell appart and it couldn't be rebuild again. Her beautiful dreams turn into a nightmare and those nightmares became her reality, she doesn't know what to do anymore so she does what she could think of right now. To hide as she caught.

                         ___

Sasha fell on her knees, her tears blurring her face as the heaviness on her heart tries so hard to get out. She was already exhausted, she could feel her entire body shaking upon fighting and right now, more, it was even worst as she look at his colorless face. The bloody war she hates for an obvious reason turns to fury as she stared at him, he had long stopped breathing. Her hand shook as she held him, the soldiers infront of her, dead and unmoving.. she could feel the warmth slowly leaving his body and for a moment, she thought she had passed way.

Crossed to an unsure afterlife despite being alive, as the light leaves his body, she felt her soul leave her body too.

The young lady's broken heart continues to shatter impossibly into tiny beads as she looks at him.

Lost.

Levi and his troop found her, kneeling as she stares at his lifeless body.

"He would not wake up despite your pleas."

She knew yet his words still stung her.

"He got it bad." Hange, who examined him immediately after spotting them, shook her head as she touched the side of Jean's shoulder. " His vital organs got hit, causing him to die immediately." She continues, patting Sasha's back before standing up to sigh. " Man, I guess war isn't as fun as it looks on books."

" Ofcourse, it does not." Levi immediately answered with a scowl, glaring at the woman who still had a smile on her face despite her injured state. "Oi, have you send the troops at the end of the Valley, I've found were the coward king has been hiding."

" Yes." Petra answered, peaking from behind Olou. " Just as you ordered, the troops would keep him alive so he could be executed infront of all the people."

Levi look unbothered, everyone is, except for Sasha who was still looking down at Jean, his blood had stained the lower part of the thorn white dress that she was wearing. In her skin, his blood felt warm- the type of warmness that she wasn't fond of feeling.