Chapter 17- Tacenda 2

Chapter 17 - Falling Relationships

         "Lady," Sasha called, hoping to get her Lady's attention from the hummingbird that has been sipping the nectars of flower not too far from them, from her distance- it is enough to see the hummingbirds sipping their flower nectars.  Hearing her shouting a little, Mikasa finally look at her with an annoyed gaze much to Sasha's shock. She stood up, giving Sasha a glare before letging her speak to her.

"You need something?"

"Your father called out for you."

Mikasa sigh, not feeling excited about the idea of going to eat dinner right now. 

"By the way, Milady, Will you go to Lady Historia's party."

"Yes, why do you ask?" Mikasa glanced at her as she prepared herself, "I was wondering if I could go to the town."

"You can," Mikasa simply agreed without questioning her. "However, you must go back before I arrive home. I will arrive back home at Six P.M and leave at Nine A.M, I sure hope that it's enough time if not too much."

Mikasa's expression couldn't be read easily  but years of being with her should be enough to know, even if it's been three months since Eren and Mikasa's engagement got annuled, she still look like she is remourseful of it, but she understood -atleast, she tried to- it wasn't easy to let go of someone you love ever since you were a child so instead she tried to make her lady happy, even if it was so simple. 
"If I may ask, why are you always in town?"

Sasha blushed at the sudden question but once she see Mikasa's smile, she knew that Mikasa knows something is up with her.
" My lady, I beg your pardon?"

"Oh,did I ask something wrong?" She wiggled her eyebrow nervously, thinking that she knows something Sasha sweat nervously but soon Mikasa erupted  into a queit laughter.
"Relax, I'm not planning to be an evil person who hindrance between the love of the main characters."

".. But how did you know?"

"My dear, the news has wings and Earth has ears, so how was it?"

"It was fun.. but that is not the reason why I am here, your father called you in his office."

Mikasa smiled at her before looking at her vintage mirror.
"Father must have something important to tell me about."
She concluded, "He usually doesn't call."

"Yes, so please go quickly." Mikasa left her room and knock on her father's door. Her father doesn't call her often, he only calls her when he needed her opinion abiut opening a new business or ask him to attend a celebration instead of him when her brother is still in the neighboring country which isn't that often since she spent most of her days at the palace and helping the monarch rule over, but lately she doesn't know anything abiut the palace, ever since Eren came back.

The day is clear, as if there is no trace of storm anywhere that occured yesterday.  She knocked on the door before noticing that it was slightky open.

"Father,"

"You may come in."

She slowly look at her father, noticing the giant paperwork on hos desk and many used inks just laying around the floor.
" Why didn't you call for a servant to clean this mess?"

"Oh," He look around. "I'm still too busy anywy---"

"Ath--!"

"Let it wait, I have something to tell you." Her father's office is a cold place even if it has a chimney, a dark room, usually known as a boring room since it is full of ancient books from side to side.