SPECIAL CHAPTER [fin]

SPECIAL CHAPTER

It's a new beginning but he does not know where to begin, where it ended and where all the troubles of his life began, was it the day he was born? He is confused but he didn't want to ask anymore, he didn't want to remember, he felt like escaping because it was better than remembering everything, of all the heartbreaks he had gone through over the year and more so, when he remembers how he broke her heart. Saying he has never love her, he always does, he always will, that would never change despite his troubles, he loves her, so, so, so, so much and he can't bear to live without her for the rest of his life but it has to be done so they won't target her. He'd rather be away from her than be with her and harmed. He couldn't take it, he didn't want it. She's a special part of his childhood, she's there, always there despite his rough attitude and he adores her, secretly, sometimes he even envy her but he loves her. He loves her like no other, it was different to the love he had for his parents or his brother. He loves her and that's all he knew.

" You are like a creep there." He heard his brother teased him but he does not give in, as his brother approaches him, his eyes twinkled upon knowing who he is looking at. " You are looking at Lady Mikasa? The young social butterfly of the Ackerman Dukedome? I've heard news about her."

When Eren stared at the older Prince, Zeke felt like a mischievous child, he secretly smirk. " You know, Mother and Aunt Carla truly adores her. Mother said if she was a little older, she'd make a good wife for me. I honestly agree but she is too young, she's the same age as you."

He watches his brother's reaction whose face scowling at him turned calm after his last words. Eren have feelings for the lady, Zeke concluded. Eren stood up from his seat, though his face was looking at him in anger, Zeke could tell that he wanted to learn more.
" Too bad, I think she's starting to get marriage request. Sooner, she will get to marry the one her father chooses for– Hey, Eren! "

Eren left him there, running towards the stairs. Zeke watches with a smile on his face. Eren isn't good with words nor was he affectionate, he's a young boy, and even though he looks serious, his boyishness never allowed him to look serious infront of others or even towards Mikasa who loves being around him. 

--

"Eren!" Mikasa happily called him, letting go of her father's hand and tugging on the sleeve of the Duke's shirt to get his attention. She told him something and the Duke smiles at her, later she was happily skipping to his direction.
"Eren, hello? Did you not notice me earlier?"

" I didn't. "

" Oh, I see. My voice probably did not reach you, by the way, happy birthday Eren, it's been so long. "

" Oh yeah, happy birthday too Mikasa. " He absentmindedly answered, making the girl infront of him confused.
Mikasa look at him like he was a hard math problem for a moment before she grins at him.
" Oh, did you know that I'm already getting marriage proposals? My father said that I would marry the guy he would choose in the near future. "

" .. and your okay with that? " He ask, he almost wanted to grit his teeth as Mikasa answered him with a nod.

" Yes, father said I would have to love and cherish my husband for the rest of my life and he, too, shall do it with me like my Mother and father. They are in an arranged marriage but they love each other dearly. "

" It does not always work like that Mikasa."

"It does not?" She blinks in wonder, her eyes watering but she kept it in then she ask.
" What if you will be my betrothed? Wouldn't you love me because you said it does not always work like that."