Chapter 25 [The New Beginning]

Chapter 25 [ The New Beginning.]

"Sasha." Mikasa sadly called the girl who was busy packing her things up. " May I come in?"

" Mikasa?" Sasha smiled at her and nodded, she was still focused in what she does, putting her clothes in a bag.

" I can't really convince you to stay can I?"

The night before, Sasha told her that she will quit her work to live with her parents near the forest. She said her parents are old and needed someone to care for them. Sasha is from a noble family, however her family wasn't as rich as hers to have every single thing handed to her, they more more like a peasant noble. Sasha nodded at her.

" I'm sorry, my parents also need me. You know they are already old and they needed me to care for them."

" I know that," Mikasa bit her lower lip. " So, I was thinking if you and your parents could live here so you could continue working for me? I mean, you don't have to do heavy stuff. I was just worried that you'll have nothing to eat if you don't work." She couldn't put a better word to it but Sasha knows Mikasa very well, so she does not see anything wrong with it.

" I'm sorry, Mikasa but don't worry about it. I have enough money for it."

Mikasa's eyes immediately brightens even though she was still sad. " Really? That's great."

Sasha finally finished packing her things. ".. but are you sure you're okay now?"

Sasha has been grieving Jean's death for a while now and she was worried before, the first days, Sasha refused to eat any food despite her basically trying to shove it down her throat. She doesn't want to it and so Mikasa stop force feeding her but she still left food for her, just in case she would change her mind.

" I'll be ok, I'm not weak. Remember, I am the hunting competition winner before? I could fight wild animals and I'm strong enough to protect myself and others."

" I would never doubt that." Mikasa answered, admiring the other girl.

" Miss Sasha, the carriage is here." The door opened and the maid gave a shock expression upon seeing her in the maid's room. " My lady, I'm sorry for intruding."

"Good bye, Sasha. Anne, please help her carry the bag."

" Ofcourse, my lady." The maid immediately walk inside to help Sasha carry her bag. Once, they are in their house front door, Sasha waved from inside the carriage, a huge smile present on her face.
" Goodbye, Miss Mikasa."

" Have a nice trip and stay safe."

"If you need anything, you can ask us." The Duke who also came to see her out spoke.

" I'll keep that in mind, thank you." Sasha smiled gratefully.
"Good luck to your new journey too, Mikasa. Write a letter to me about how beautiful Hizuru is, alright?"

" I will, I'll also bring a gift when I get back from that country."
The carriage soon leaves.

                     _________

Although, Mikasa was hesitating at first, she eventually granted the request of coming to Hizuru for her vacation and to learn the culture of the country where her mother came from. Pieck was with her. She wrote a letter to her aunt if Pieck could come as well and it was immediately answered with a yes. Now, they are boarding the ship to Hizuru, their family and friends waved at them from the deck.

" This will be my first time in Hizuru, the other countries has become so boring now." Pieck spoke beside her, she was busy looking on the horizon. " It's weird to ask, but have you step foot to Hizuru before?"