Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man

Yoongi's POV

Last three minutes. Time is running out. It's not hard to subdue some rusty, washout gang members who lived their recent years in hiding. What is taking them so long? Is fifteen minutes not enough? The boss does not like to wait.

I peered at the car behind mine. I can't see him through the tinted glass. He must be seething already. Then the car door opened. Fucking finally.

"The area is secured, Mr. Pale Man." Basilisk told me.

"Took them long enough." I replied and checked my watch. "Get the Grim Reaper."

He bowed and marched towards his car. I stepped into the formation and soon enough, the click clacking of his shoes resounded in the area. He halted a few steps ahead of me, his broad shoulders greatly emphasized by his dark coat.

He tilted his head sideways to me and quietly said. "Late."

"They finished a minute before." I replied.

"Not in my watch." He responded before walking in.

I sighed internally. I'll be sending rascals to the dungeon to set them straight. Again. The boss does not like it when time is taken for granted. He required everything sharp and on time. He has no mercy. And so am I.

We entered a quaint, unassuming bar. Well, at least it was. Now it's a wreck full of blood-spattered dead bodies. I felt the crack of broken glass under my shoes. I looked down and noticed that the floor was pooled with blood. That's it. Berluti, we had a motherfucking great time.

We passed through a small, hidden door into a sprawling ostentatious space. Not at all like how it was outside. The place looks like an adult playroom. It was empty. It was quiet except for the labored breaths echoing. At the far end of the room, pinned on a small wooden table by a samurai sword, was a man. A dead man.

The Grim Reaper sat on the seat in front pulled by Kappa. I glanced at him and bobbed my head to acknowledge his good work. Seriously, I do everything in the Grim Reaper's stead.

The man heaved a deep breath as his body shook. He glared at the man in front of him.

"You, motherfucker." He hissed, strings of saliva spewing.

"Wolf's bane." The Grim Reaper calmly said. "Why are you alone? Where are your cousins?"

He tightly pressed his lips. "I don't know." He replied bitterly.

"I heard they're supposed to come. Did they leave you to die here?"

"I haven't seen them. Since you bombed our place and chased us away!"

The Grim Reaper tilted his head. "That's not what a little bird told us."

His eyes widened. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't? But I know. You want to hear what else I know?"

He clenched his fist.

"You really should not have heed your cousins and just stay in that coastal town."

He gritted his teeth.

"You should have stayed there." He run his index finger along the back blade of the sword. "With your wife and your son."

"Don't you touch them! You motherfucker!"

"I won't."

He was catching his breath.

"If you only stayed there." The Grim Reaper tsked. "But here you are."

"I don't know where they are! They only asked me to meet them here! I only see them once in a while! We don't tell each other where we are! Please! Please! Not my family." He bawled.