Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking

Jin's POV

I walked through filth and murky waters with a gun aimed at my head. Intel's right. The Sons of Anarchy were in on this alliance. They harbored Serpent Tongue and the rest of the Park Mafia. A bunch of jokes. They've been preaching that they don't follow anybody and are against systems and established rules. They despised every other group in this city. But here they are, working with them. Although it's understandable. They despise them but they detest me more.

The man guarding the gate looked at me with disdain. The other man ominously smirked.

"Well. Well. Well."

He said while wiping the barrel of his gun. I was greeted with even more glares. Son Sukku was waiting at the middle of the crowd, his arms wide open.

"Welcome to the den, Grim Reaper."

"Where's my brother?" I coldly asked.

"Don't rush. You'll see him soon." Serpent Tongue whispered.

"Never thought you have a brother. Where have you been hiding him all these years?"

"If not for Tiger Flower, we'll never know he has one."

That motherfucker. I knew Jungkook can't trust him.

"Where's he?"

"Around."

I wandered my eyes to search for him. It landed on a familiar face. Rattlesnake Bean was standing among the horde. Uncharacteristically, he doesn't have a vicious stare. He almost appeared guilty.

"Jihoon, get his brother."

A man with a long hair pranced away. But not before sticking his tongue out in front of my face.

"Bring him to the cage."

I was shoved towards a cage-like structure surrounded by steps mimicking a stadium seating. The place was already teeming. The crowd bellowed when they saw me coming in. I went inside the enclosure and examined the faces. Sitting at the front row were bosses and leaders of small gangs and mafia groups within and the neighboring cities. I am to be their entertainment today.

I heard the gate opened. I turned and locked eyes with Jungkook. He pressed his lips into a tight, apologetic smile. His hands were bound but he seemed to be unharmed. I paced to him.

"Stop right there."

Feedback reverberated as Son Sukku spoke through a microphone.

"If you move any closer, we'll blow your brother's head."

I noticed a red laser light aimed at him. I kept my hands on my sides.

"Everyone welcome! We gathered here today...to. Oh. Fuck. We're here to watch the Grim Reaper fight."

The cheers thundered. Fucking barbarians.

"So here's what's going to happen. We'll give you a choice. Because we're not...ruthless. Unlike you."

The crowd booed. Son Sukku whistled with his fingers. A large metal crate was lugged at the gate. Dogs were inside. Crazed, starved and ravenous dogs. I assumed.

"We're going to set them on your brother."

My eyes darted to Jungkook. He was looking at the box. His chest was rising and sinking.

"But since we're nice, kind people, we're going to give him a weapon."

The long haired bastard raised a small knife. Jungkook cannot fight. He can't even hurt a fly.