Chapter 18: A Change of Heart

Taehyung's POV

"Who is he? His lover?" Serpent Tongue asked.

No. Mine.

"His brother." I responded against the lump in my throat.

"I didn't know he has a brother."

"He's lost and found."

"How'd you find him?"

I gulped. "Through Crane Flower."

"How is he?"

"Dead."

"The Grim Reaper got him?"

I weakly nodded.

"Canary Bird..." His voice cracked. "...my brother's dead too."

I briefly glanced at him. "When? How?"

"Yesterday. They were ambushed."

"They have Jimin too."

He suddenly threw the stool he was sitting on in the water.

"Fuck!" His body shook. His voice thundered. "His time has come. I will end him."

I looked down and clasped my trembling hands together. You can't go back now. You've said it. You already gave him away. The Grim Reaper deserves it. We will avenge our friends. I will make him suffer. I will watch him beg.

We journeyed back to the city, to the lair of the Sons of Anarchy, a group of heathens who do not recognize agreements, authority and territories among the groups and gangs within the city. They're barbaric. They're dishonest. They're devious. But they extremely despise the Bangs. Especially the Grim Reaper. And we will use that to our advantage.

"Hold your tongue. I don't want you offending these bastards. They'll kill you right then and there." Serpent Tongue reminded me.

We walk through a wet market. It was just an ordinary one. Busy, crowded and filled with horrid stench. But a trained eye will catch the sharp, watchful looks thrown by men and women scattered around. We arrived at a back storage. A large man was guarding its door. The boss tossed him something. Is that a piece of skin? He raised his brow at me.

"He's with me. Obviously." He told him.

The man rolled his eyes and motioned for us to go in. We entered. The room was filled with sacks and sacks of rice.

"Lift those."

He pointed at the stack at the corner.

"What?"

"Lift the sacks. The entrance is beneath."

"The fuck will I do that?"

He slapped the back of my head. "Should I? I'm your boss, you fuck."

I huffed and started hauling. There was a metal manhole cover at the bottom of it. I pulled it open.

"It's a sewer." I told him.

"It's leads to the entrance."

"Gross."

"Move, motherfucker."

He went in and descended. I sighed before following. Motherfuckers. Why can't they build a normal entrance? It fucking stinks. Serpent Tongue was already meters away when I reached the bottom. I sped after him. We were stopped by an ugly guy at the gate.

"I'm here to see Son Sukku."

"Name."

"You don't know me?"