Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel

Jungkook's POV

Oh no. I missed bringing in the laundry when it rained last night. I slept like a log. I was so tired because I looked for Chicken all night. The sky is still so dark. I bet we won't get any sunshine for the next few days. Will it ever get dry if I leave it out? I pondered on what I'll do. Oh. I will hang it at Hoseok hyung's roofed balcony.

I went inside the trailer and brought out an empty laundry basket. I took the clothes and sheets one by one and neatly put them in. I like this fabric conditioner. It has a nice gentle smell and makes the clothes really soft.

I was about to pull the last sheet left at the clothesline when I suddenly caught sight of a red dot against the white of the fabric. I turned to where it might be coming from. It must be coming from the trees. Is someone there? I marched closer to take a look.

"Who's there?" I shouted. "Are you up there? Get down. You might fall."

There was only silence. I stared and squinted my eyes to see if there's really someone. Or something.

"Is that a real gun?" I asked curiously. "Be careful with it. You might hurt someone."

Again, there was no answer. I laughed. I felt silly. I must be talking to no one. I started to walk back. The leaves quietly rustled. I turned around and saw two sharp eyes staring back at me. It widened.

"Fuck!"

The sharp foxlike eyes belongs to a boy. His voice is low and deep. Grandma said I should not swear. No matter what. I promised grandma that I won't. So I won't. Even if I fall down a tree. Maybe he didn't promise his grandma the same thing. He fell face down on the muddy ground. He quickly sat and harshly rubbed his eyes.

"Motherfucking shit."

He swore as he blinked. The dirt was hurting his eyes. His muddy hand made it worse. I sat next to him and restrained his arm.

"Don't move." I told him.

I brushed the hair off his forehead. He stilled and looked at me.

"Close your eyes."

His brows furrowed and forehead creased.

"You need to wipe it with something clean."

I didn't wait for him to shut his eyes. He seemed like he can't hear me. Maybe it got inside his ears too. I wiped his eyes with my sleeves. It's all dirty. I kneeled higher and pulled the hem of my shirt up to use it to clean his face. He is pretty. He opened his eyes slowly.

"It's done."

I smiled at him. He dazedly stared at me. Then he blinked and suddenly sprung like he was awaken from sleep. He stepped back, yelped and fell again. This time on his bottom. I reached for his arm.

"Get your fucking hands off me." He angrily said.

I withdrew and kept my hands on my sides.

"I'm sorry. But you don't have to curse at me."

He harshly combed his hair back. He removed his shoe and sighed. I bit my lip when I realized that his foot was swollen. He must have twisted it when he fell.

"Are you okay?"

He only snorted. I lowered my head.

"I'm sorry."

I lifted my gaze back to his face when I didn't hear him respond. He was glaring at me. It was my fault that he fell from the tree. I shouldn't have shocked him. Now his foot hurts and he's wet and dirty.