Chapter 12: Lifeline

Taehyung's POV

I sped and zoomed along the way. I just need to deliver him to Jimin. Once I do that, I'm done with my part. They can do whatever the hell they want with him and his fucking brother. I won't partake anymore. I don't care about the damn seat in the council anymore. I just have to finish what I promised Jimin. So that he can leave. Then, I'll leave too.

I passed through a bump on the road. There was a muffled thud coming from the trunk of the car. I held the stirring wheel tighter. Close. Almost there. I just have to drop him off. Then I'll come back. To Jungkook. I'll ask him to leave with me. To live with me. We'll go far away. Far away from the Parks, Bang Mafia and the Grim Reaper. In case something goes wrong.

I stopped in front of a dark, bleak and abandoned building. I huffed before getting out the car and unlocked the trunk. I pulled it open. He was there, all tied up with a black cloth sack over his head. He wriggled when I pulled him out. I can hear his stifled yells.

"Shut the fuck up. Just wait. You'll soon be reunited with your damn brother."

I yanked him to walk with me. We reached the door and went in. Inside, Jimin was sitting on a single chair at the middle of the vast empty space.

"You're here."

He stood up and marched to meet me.

"Here he is."

I pushed him. He fell hard on the floor.

"Do what you want with him. You don't have to worry about what I asked you before."

"You changed your mind?"

I nodded. "I'll be leaving too."

"Where?"

"I don't know yet."

"You want to come with me?"

"I don't think that's a good idea. If something goes wrong."

Jimin sighed. "You're right. You're going immediately?"

"I am. Just promise me something. Make the motherfucking Grim Reaper suffer. And make sure he'll end up dead."

He sweetly smiled. "I will. I promise."

"See you when I see you."

I turned to leave. I heard Jimin groan. He was pulling our hostage towards the chair. I continued walking and was about to push the door.

"Taehyung?"

My eyes widened and my body froze. What? What the hell is he doing here? I slowly looked back. Jungkook was seated on the chair in the middle of the room. His hands and feet were tied. His face was bruised and beaten. He has a busted lip and a gushing wound on his eyebrow.

No. It can't be. I was the one who took him. I took Jung Hoseok. I can't mistake Jungkook for him.

"Why?"

Tears started to pour out of his eyes.

"Why did you do this to me?"

He cried. I rushed back to him and kneeled.

"No. I didn't. It was a mistake. I didn't know it was you."

I cupped his face but he struggled out of my touch.

"No! Don't touch me! You're bad. You're bad! You want to hurt me."

"No. Please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You hurt me! You want to kill me! You're bad! You're a monster! You kill!"

"No. I'm sorry. Please. I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I love you. I won't hurt you."