Chapter 10: Reign of Terror

Yoongi's POV

I stared at the scorching flames as the casket was slid inside the cremation chamber. I watched as the coffin was engulfed by the fire. With it, Succubus' body. I don't know her well. Despite working with her for many years. But I know that she's a fighter. A truly fearless woman. She fought real hard until her very last breath. She even brought her fucking killer with her.

Harpy sniffed beside me. I handed her my handkerchief. She took it and immediately dabbed her cheeks. They were friends. No. They are more than that. They are sisters. I looked around and glanced at my members' faces. Some were tears-streaked. But most of them were sullen. They were fuming mad. Already at the point of losing patience. This is our third funeral this month.

We've lost four brothers and a sister, all through underhanded tactics. Fucking cowards. They attack when some of us are alone and vulnerable. I glanced at Jin hyung who was eyeing the fire emotionlessly. His face was unreadable but I know that something's brewing within him. A witch-hunt. A fucking revenge plan. Because for every one we lose, he takes ten times as many.

He quietly left after everything burned out. I followed him but he held his hand up, signaling that he wants to be alone. I bowed and watched him walk away. I walked back to my room, poured myself a glass of whiskey and lounged on a recliner. My phone vibrated. I took it. An angel is calling.

"Hello." I picked up.

"Hello, grandpa hyung."

"Jungkook, why?"

"I don't know if Jin hyung told you already. I'm just calling to say...that Chicken is gone."

Ah. The chicken.

"He told me."

"I'm sorry." His voice saddened.

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

"It's nobody's fault." His voice hiked. Why?

"You want a new chicken?"

"No need. I should not keep chickens as friends. I fail them."

When I told him to keep the chicken, I didn't know that he'll treat it as a pet. I meant for it to be poultry. For eggs and meat. For Dakgangjeong or Dakdoritang. To be fried or roasted. I should have known. Jungkook. Our Soondoongie.

"You don't. It was an accident."

"Chicken is flying in the heavens now."

I smiled. Harpy came in. Fuck. I forgot to lock the door. I straightened my face.

"I have to go now. I have something to do."

"Okay. It's nice talking to you, hyung. Take care. I miss you."

I just hummed and ended the call. I cleared my throat and laid the phone on the table.

"Who's that?" Harpy asked as she sat on my lap, facing me.

"Just one of the men."

She snuggled her face on my neck. I hesitantly patted her back. She must need consoling. She wound her arms around my shoulders tightly, breathing deeply. I sat frozen. I'm not used to comforting people. I don't fucking know what to do. She sighed loudly. I felt the gust of warm air on my neck. I stretched. Then she started giving me wet kisses. On my neck, my jaw and in my mouth.

"I thought your sad?" I asked her.

"I am."

She continued grazing her tongue on my skin.