Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor

Yoongi's POV

"Crane Flower. He's around him, following him."

He said in a cracked voice. It worked. Threatening him with my life worked. Why? Why does it matter you? My life doesn't matter to you. You made that clear five years ago.

"Only him?"

He nodded. He dropped his eyes. His tear-filled eyes. I never saw him cry during the three years we were together. Until that one evening. The night he tried to kill me. He looked the same way. He looked...distraught. I need to fucking think. This is making me fucking confused. I stood up and went to the surveillance room. I found Jin hyung there, peering at the monitors.

"Crane Flower. Is it confirmed?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Locked on him a few days ago. They'll close in on him soon."

"How?"

"Kim Namjoon noticed him tailing. He's not useless after all."

"Is he the same guy Jungkookie is seeing?"

"Not him. Elpis confirmed."

"Just an ordinary guy who swept him off his feet?"

He clicked his tongue. "Don't."

He's disappointed. "Why?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Elpis reported that he might have already engaged in...some sort of activity."

I snorted. "How sure is he?"

"Certain. He said the trailer kept rocking. And the noise..."

I chuckled and tapped his shoulder. "He's a grown man."

He suddenly became sullen. "Yoongi. You know...that I won't let anything happen to you right?"

"I know."

"What happened inside, I won't allow it if I know that it won't work."

"How do you know it will work?"

He just stared at me. Am I missing something?

"He showed his weakness five years ago."

I snorted. What a fucking joke.

"Because he failed to kill me? He just missed."

"Siren never missed."

The stab he gave me caused only a puncture to my pericardium, a very thin structure. I suffered from cardiac tamponade caused by the pericardial effusion. Fatal but can be remedied with a quick response. If he stabbed me deeper, it would have certainly pierced through my heart.

"He never meant for you to die. He just wanted to make it look like he can kill you."

No fucking way. He can't kill me? He doesn't want me to die? Why? His phone dinged. He eyed the screen.

"They found Canary Bird. We have to go."

"What do we do with...Jimin?" I hesitantly asked.

He raised his head to look at me. "I'll kill him before we leave. You have other plans for him? Did the events of today, change what you feel?"

He stared at me sternly.

"No. What I'm only saying is, you'll give him a quick and easy death?"

He narrowed his eyes. "What do you want to do?"

"Let's bring him to his bosses. Make it look like he betrayed them."

"He might get in the way."

"I'll have someone watch him."