Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance

Taehyung's POV

I don't know how birthdays go anymore. I haven't had one since I was seven. I remembered I had a strawberry cake. And seven candles. I wore a crown. Because I was a prince. Every year I decide who I want to be. That day, I wanted to be a prince. I never celebrated since. Because at end of that day, I stopped being me. And every single day after, I wished. Even if it wasn't my birthday. I wished to be somewhere else, someone else.

Jungkook said that he never had a cake until two years ago. A cake is too expensive and he doesn't want to burden his grandma so he never asked for one. Instead, he made his birthday wishes on dandelions. He likes it better because he can blow as many dandelions as his age.

I stared as he wished with his eyes closed. He was smiling. Then he giggled, his shoulders lifting. I can't help but do the same too. He let out a contented sigh, opened his eyes and blew his 25th dandelion.

"Done."

He beamed.

"What did you wish for?"

"It won't come true if you tell someone."

"What if that someone is the object of your wish and he or she can make it come true if you tell it?"

He looked up with a pout.

"I don't know."

"Have your wish ever come true?"

"Some. Not all of them."

"Why?"

"Because that's just how it is. You can't get everything you want."

"Then why wish at all?"

"I don't know!" He answered irritably.

I laughed. He's so cute.

"Let's go back so we can eat."

We went back to the trailer and excitedly placed the cake Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon gave him on the table. I watched his face as he peered over it. I love seeing how his eyes smile and light up. Nothing has ever hold more wonder than his eyes. He scrunched his nose and beamed at me. I smiled and touched his nape. The cream cake has slices of strawberry, kiwi, peach and blueberry. He took a kiwi with his hands. He brought it in his mouth and suck the cream off his thumb. I ogled at him.

"It's delicious."

"Really?"

I replied without taking my eyes off. He ate a slice of strawberry. A smudge was left on the corner of his mouth.

"Is it good?" I asked.

He nodded. "Taste it."

I pulled him by his nape and took the cream off his lips with my mouth. Then I pushed my tongue in and fondled his.

"I can't taste it."

I said when I broke our kiss. I took a smear of cream off the cake with two fingers.

"Ah." I coaxed him to open his mouth.

He held my hand and brought my fingers in. I can feel his warm tongue along my fingers. He slowly slid it out while staring at me straight in the eyes. Fuck. I promised him that I won't swear again but he's making me hard. I swiftly kissed him, lapping and tasting the cream with my tongue.

"Jungkook!"

A woman was calling outside. Great. Fucking great timing. Jungkook wiped his lips with his palm.

"I'm here." He responded in a small voice.

It's unbelievable. This adorable bun and the foxy sweet pea I was kissing a while ago is the same person. I'm the luckiest to have known both. He went to the door after making sure that he looks decent. I grabbed and kneaded his ass to tease him.