Chapter 27: Annihilation

Hobi's POV

I thinly spread butter on the toast as I watched the television. The news was on. Bodies were being excavated from an underground den after an explosion. The whole country was shook. Because nobody had an inkling that something as big as that gang was nesting beneath a marketplace. And it was just the start. Bodies turn up everywhere in and out of the city. Curfews were strictly implemented. The citizens are on edge. They've never experienced crimes as brutal as these.

Well, that's just because the underworld has always been discreet. But after the incident, Jin hyung could not care less. All he wants is to get his hands on the people who were involved in the plan to harm Jungkook, whether directly or indirectly. Even those who got a whiff but did not do anything.

I added a layer of strawberry jam on the toast and topped it off with bacons and eggs. I placed two glasses of iced Americano and the plate of toasts on a tray. I marched towards the room. Jin hyung was on Jungkook's bedside. Yoongi hyung was at the foot of the bed, checking on the records of Jungkook's vital signs.

"I made breakfast."

"Just put it on the table." Yoongi hyung said. "Thank you."

"Jin hyung, I can take over. You should rest."

He didn't respond.

"Or at least, eat."

He has been on his brother's side ever since they came back from the den. Even during his operation. He doesn't sleep and doesn't eat. And only goes out of the room during meetings where he pressures everyone to find and slay Jimin and Taehyung. The men never saw them, nor their bodies, at the den. But Jin hyung swore that he saw both of them. So he knows that they have escaped and are just hiding somewhere.

It has been six days since that day. Jungkook has not woke up. Yoongi hyung said that nobody knows when he will. And there's a possibility that he never will. He was badly injured. A portion of his skull was smashed. He was found on Jin hyung's lap almost dead. Yoongi hyung noticed that he was still breathing albeit very weakly. He operated in his head and implanted a metal plate on his skull.

I hope he awakens soon. The frogs, chickens and insects in the countryside must be missing him and I bet he misses the place too.

"Maybe it will help if he'll be back home. The air is fresh there." I suggested.

"He's not going anywhere." Jin hyung stated coldly.

"I'm sorry."

Yoongi hyung apologetically smiled at me. He walked towards the table to nibble on the toast and drink some coffee.

"I have to get out and buy supplies. Banshee is going to look after Jungkookie while I'm gone."

"I don't like Banshee." Jin hyung countered.

"She's fine. It's just a name."

"I don't like Banshee. Ask someone else."

Yoongi hyung sighed. "I'll send Medusa instead."

Yoongi hyung lightly slapped my back before leaving the room. I paced towards Jungkook's bed and fixed the blanket over him. I stared at his face. He looked serene. There were knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Namjoon."

"Come in."

The door swung open. Namjoon went in. He bowed to Jin hyung but he only responded with a look. Good thing he's already used to him.

"What will you read him today?"

"His favorite." He flashed his bedimpled smile.

He showed me a picture book of the frogs found in a tropical forest.