Chapter 22: The Truth Untold

Jungkook's POV

"Release him."

Taehyung? He's alive.

"What took you so long?"

Is he with them?

"Let go of him."

"What's with the gun on my head?"

"It's going to blow your brains out if you don't release him."

"You're with the Grim Reaper, traitor?"

"No. I'm with him."

"You're fucking him?"

The man clenched on my hair tighter. I let out an uncontrollable groan.

"Release him, motherfucker!" Taehyung yelled.

"What? You think a gun to my head will make me piss myself, Tiger Flower? I'd rather you shoot me."

"Oh. I definitely will."

"You know there's a risk of him catching the bullet."

The man yanked me closer to him, inching the blade closer to my skin.

"Shoot, motherfucker. Are you scared of endangering him? I didn't peg you for someone who can fuck somebody. I thought you can only do it with your arrogant self."

Hoseok hyung's eyes briefly shook and darted sideways. He held my gaze and heaved a long breath as if he was telling me to calm down.

"I guess I just have to kill him myself. I'll die with the satisfaction of killing the Grim Reaper's brother."

"You talked way too much."

Jin hyung?

The man's grip around my neck loosened. As I stumbled with him as he fell towards the floor, I saw how Jin hyung aimed his gun at Taehyung's head. I pulled him down with me and shielded him with my body.

"Jungkook!"

"Jin hyung!"

"No!"

Hoseok hyung, Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung shouted at the same time. The bullet ripped through the blood-spattered wall. I looked at Jin hyung. He was still pointing his gun at us. His hands were shaking.

"Jungkook, step away!"

Yoongi hyung raised his gun as he walked closer to us. I stood up and pushed Taehyung behind me.

"No."

"Step away from him." Jin hyung ordered.

"No. He's not with them."

"He is. He is with them."

I fumbled for Taehyung's hand and held it tightly. He placed his hand on my waist.

"I am. I'm sorry." Taehyung croaked.

"But not anymore, right?"

Taehyung let out sobs. I felt his body tremble.

"I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter." I will forgive you no matter what.

"Jungkook, stop this foolishness and step aside."

Jin hyung's face was hard and stern.

"Lower your guns. Please." I turned to Yoongi hyung. "Yoongi hyung, please."

"He's one of them, Jungkook. They want to use you against Jin hyung. They will harm you." He coldly stated.

"He won't. He loves me."