Chapter 28: Changed

After Four Years

Yoongi's POV

I exasperatedly sighed as I walk to the combat room. We've been waiting at the infirmary for hours. Jungkook forgot to come in again. Forgot? Who am I kidding? He intentionally missed it. He didn't come. Deliberately.

I entered and found him on the floor. Strangling Phoenix's neck with his legs. His opponent frantically tapped on the floor to surrender. Jungkook quickly stood up and walked around. Phoenix gasped for air holding his throat.

"We asked you to come an hour ago. What are you doing here?"

"I forgot." He replied coldly. He was wrapping his fist.

"Let's go."

"I still have to do boxing."

"Do it after!"

I started to walk out but I noticed that he's still not moving.

"Jungkook. I swear..." I glared at him viciously.

He rolled his eyes, unwrapped his hand and forcefully threw the athletic tape on the ground. Then he passed by me and walked out. This rascal! This is Jungkook now. Moody, hateful and aggressive. Gone was our adorable little bean. He makes Hobi cry and Namjoon lose his patience. That's why he's always here with us in the city. He doesn't often spend time with us or talk to us though. Even with Jin hyung. He keeps to himself. And often only talks to the Doberman Jin hyung gave him.

All he does when he's here is train and fight. Get his body pierced. Ink his skin. And try to die. He became suicidal. He attempted to harm himself many times. He's severely depressed. I think it has something to do with Taehyung but Jungkook doesn't know it.

He doesn't remember everything. His tactile, kinesthetic and motor skills are fine. But his cognition was compromised. He didn't recognize any of us for more than a year and didn't speak for two years. He's still regaining his memories and recovering from his injury. Maybe his change is because of alterations in his brain's chemistry. Maybe it's because of a feeling he can't seem to grasp. That's what we're trying to know. But the rascal kept on evading us.

He sat at the table in front of his psychiatrist. I was behind a one-way mirror. Jin hyung was watching him beside me.

"How are you?"

"Just the same."

"You said before that you just feel either empty or extremely sad. Which one are you today?"

"Sad."

"Did something trigger it?"

"I don't know."

"You have a new tattoo?"

Jungkook straightened his arm. I narrowed my eyes. I didn't notice it. He's training with a fresh tattoo?

"A Tiger Flower?"

I looked at Jin hyung. His jaw clenched.

"I like it. It's pretty."

No one found Taehyung since the day he escaped. Not Jin hyung. Not even Jimin. We have no idea if he's still alive. Jimin left the country after exhausting all means to find him. That was two years ago. I haven't heard from him since. I guess I'm staying single. This guy beside me though. He's been sneaking out for a year and a half already. He thought Hobi and I won't have a clue but we know that he's been going back and forth to see Namjoon.

"You'll be taking your medicines? No misses."

"Fine. Can I go now?"

"Okay. But please be back when we tell you to."