Chapter 11: An Interrogation

Namjoon's POV

"Thank you so much for generously providing us with our much-needed oxygen. We wouldn't be alive if not without you."

I said as I showered the plants in my garden. They have to know that we appreciate them. The Royal Horticultural Society communicated through a study that talking to the plants really help them grow faster. Well, most of my plants have already grown. But it doesn't hurt to give them the TLC that baby plants are enjoying. Some adults like to be babied too.

The results also show that plants prefer female voices. They were unsure why but they supposed that it is because of the female's greater range of tone or pitch. Should I tweak my pitch to achieve results as good as women's?

"You're doing great."

I spoke while breathing with my diaphragm. Is that better? Wait. Let me do it again. I placed my hand on my stomach.

"Thank you so much. You're all doing great."

Well they don't really need compliments. Saying normal things also work. It's because of the sound waves. As long as there are vibrations. Wait, is that the reason why my plum grew so well? Because I often talk to it when I had no one to talk to in the city?

I snapped my fingers and slapped my cheek. That's amazing.

"Mr. Kim Namjoon."

"Oh my goodness!"

I was rightfully startled. I held my chest and turned back. There was a man in an all-black suit behind me. How long was he standing there? Why didn't I hear him arrive?

"You scared me." I huffed. "Can I help you?"

"My boss wants to ask you something."

He slanted his head to the side, towards my patio. I looked over and saw him already sitting on the bench. Kim Seokjin. What a surprise. What is he doing here?

"May we come in?"

"Of course."

Then I remembered. Shit. How long have they been here? Did they hear me talking to the plants?

"Have you been here long?" I subtly asked while I reeled my garden hose.

"Not long."

I nodded. Whew.

"We heard you talking to the plants though." The guy added nonchalantly before walking away.

SHIT.

I ran after him. "It's for Science. Talking to the plants. It's for their welfare. I don't...I don't usually do that."

I raised my voice so that the beautiful man on my patio can hear. I don't want him to misunderstand. I'm not weird.

The man turned to look at me emotionlessly. "Men of Science often have to do peculiar things to gain knowledge. There's no shame in that."

Kim Seokjin slowly stood up when we reached him. I opened the door and motioned for them to come in.

"You want Coffee? Tea?"

Or me? Kim Namjoon, calm your tits! Don't embarrass yourself. Stop! Behave. Be normal.

"Iced Americano."

"I only have Cold Brew by Babinski."

He shrugged his shoulders. "That will do."

I turned to him. He was roaming around my living room, currently inspecting the books on my shelf. I didn't expect him. I didn't clean. Yikes.