Chapter 20: Ghosted

Namjoon's POV

Hoseok prepared a scrumptious breakfast for the three of us. He cooked croffles and topped them with slices of fruits, nuts and whipped cream. He also served it with his own blend of iced coffee. I took the last slice of croffle in my mouth and washed it down. It was a quiet Sunday morning. Nevertheless, it wasn't as usual and ordinary as it seemed.

Everyone is still anxious. Our small, quaint town was shook by an explosion. An abandoned building, previously a warehouse, found in the outskirts of town blasted. Things of this magnitude doesn't often happen in this kind of place. A total of ten bodies were found at the scene. One of them was mutilated. So the townsfolks are rightfully on edge.

The whispers spread around doesn't help. They said that a low, sorrowful wail was heard by the first witness who got to the area. And you can still hear the crying at night. Several stories and hearsays were offered as an explanation. But one thing is certain. Whatever might have transpired in that place involved individuals who were wealthy and powerful. As evidenced by the cars retrieved at the scene of the crime. They were luxurious and high-tech. So high-tech that it went on a self-destruct mode while being kept by the police.

Hoseok convinced us to stay with him until the unease dies down. It was an apt judgment considering the state Kook is in. He seemed like he is...mourning. Well maybe he is, since his lover is...was apparently a ghost. A ghoster. That's what the bastard is. He doesn't really want to completely divulge, like usual, but he said that he took off the day after his birthday and never came back since. I don't want to rub salt into the injury but the effin guy is obviously a fuckboy. He left him hanging after their first intimate encounter! Can you believe that?!

However, I feel like he thinks that this asshole has a connection to the explosion. He asked several times if one of bodies found has a missing middle finger. There's no way of knowing though. Some bones, especially the small ones, have scattered along with the rubbles.

"Come on. Just a few bites. Then I won't bother you all morning."

Hoseok was tugging Jungkook out of the room to the dining table. He pulled a chair and made him sit. Then sliced the croffles for him.

"Ahhh." He coaxed Jungkook to open his mouth as he fed him.

"I can eat on my own." Jungkook soullessly grumbled.

"But you don't eat anything."

"I don't have an appetite."

"You want milk? I will get you a glass of milk." Hoseok immediately strode to the kitchen.

Jungkook dazedly stared at his plate. He was intensely focused on something. Then he sniffed. His face twisted and broke into a cry.

"You want me to take out the strawberries?" I quickly held the fork to take the strawberries out. "Damn you, strawberries!"

Does he like strawberries?

"Do you like to go to the beach? Jin hyung said I can take you there." Hoseok came back with a glass of milk.

"When is he visiting? I said I want to talk to him." He said as he wiped his eyes.

Hoseok dropped his gaze to the ground. "He's still working on something."

Jungkook was trying to catch his eyes. Strange. It seemed like Hoseok is avoiding him.

"Did you tell him, hyung?"

"What do I have to tell him?" He hesitantly responded.

"Tell him that I know."

"You don't know anything."