The lounge

120 hours, that's the amount of time that had passed since i last seen his face. I've spent the last five days wandering the city, i've seen some of the sights, played a little black jack and drank a little to much.

When i finally got back to my hotel room at about 2 am i found my mind wandering back to that night.

"i'll be sure to see you again sweetheart"

I still have yet to figure out why his words had such an effect on me, nonetheless i haven't seen him since that night. Not that i was really expecting to but part of me was hoping i would. Tomorrow i was going to a show held in the hotel, attire was black tie which was most definitely out of my comfort zone but i must say my dress is amazing. I called gram while i was out shopping for it earlier today for advice, i'd never bought a fancy dress so reinforcements were definitely needed.

Friday night.
The show started at 8pm and i was in the process of getting myself ready, i had my hair in light curls that fell down to my shoulders, soft pink and glitter eyeshadow across my lids and a blush pink lace gown cascading down my body. i bend down to wrap the straps of the heels up my leg, im not a heels and dress kind of gal but this outfit is persuading me to dress up more often.

i walk over to the mirror near the door of my hotel room and give myself a once over. i couldn't tell you the last time i looked into a mirror and was actually happy with how i looked but right now i'm feeling good.

I grab my bag and make my way out and into the elevator pressing the lobby button.

I begin to exit the elevator when my dumbass trips over the slight elevation in the floor. My purse spilt out onto the floor my phone, lipgloss and wallet all out in different directions across the lobby floor. Reaching down to pick up my wallet i hear that voice that sends immediate shivers down my spine.

"need some help sweetheart?"

My head shoots up to look at him, his eyes meet mine and a small smirk plays on his lips and i try to pull myself up off the floor. He extends his hand out to help me up and i grab it graciously.

"thank you, heels obviously aren't my thing "

He lets out a soft laugh and hands my phone back to me. His eyes wander up and down my body with a look that makes me feel like i'm standing here naked in the lobby. It's then i really start to take him in, an all black causal suit that fits him in all the right ways. There's something about a man in all black that just amplifies the already prominent sexiness he had going on.

"you'd never be able to tell. Where are you heading looking so beautiful?"

In my whole life i'd never had a man be so forward, i felt a brush creep onto my face.

"oh um im actually heading to the show in the lounge"

"well it must be my lucky night then, that's where i'm going to, maybe i could walk you?"

"yeah sure we could walk together"

He extends his elbow for me to lock my arm. We walk towards the lounge together and i do my best to keep from sneaking glances at him but it's not easy.

There's a certain aura this man has that just draws you in, being around him feels like that first day in the warm sun after a cold winter, you feel the heat radiating off your body from the flame inside. His smile is inviting and comforting, i've know him for a week and a half yet when he flashes that smile at me i feel like i've know him my whole life. And when he looks into my eyes he smirks like he knows all the dirty little thoughts flowing through my mind that i've been to afraid to admit to myself. He haunts my dreams at night, i think of how those perfect lips would feel pressed against mine slowly moving there way down my neck to....

"here we are" i hear him say as the fog of my daydream lifts. "were you meeting someone or was it just you this evening?"

"it's just me, are you supposed to be here with someone?"

"i wasn't, but i'm hoping you'll allow me to be your date since you know we're both here alone it would just make sense" he looks to me with a smirk on his face waiting for my answer.

"it would just make sense huh?" i laugh slightly "i'm not sure i can accept a date from someone when i don't even know there last name" i give him a pointed look, i most definitely want to accept his offer but i am not gonna give it to him that easy.

"Butler, Austin Butler." he extends his hand as if we are meeting for the first time. "But come to think of it i don't know your last name either"

I can't help but laugh at his playfulness. I extend my hand to his once again, "Andrews"

"well ms. andrew's i would be absolutely delighted if you would be my date this evening" the look that he had was playful but there was a hint of nervousness that i hadn't seen. Anytime we've talked he always seemed so confident and sure of himself, almost cocky but he never crossed that line.

"sure i'd like that"

He takes my arm in his once again and leads us to a booth in the middle of the lounge. A waiter comes buy to take a drink order before walking off and leaving us alone at the table.

Looking around to take in how beautiful the lounge was, black booths placed strategically in the room with red accents all around. It's a dream. When i turn back to austin he is handing me my drink with that damn smile that has been plastered to his face since the elevator.

"i didn't have you pegged for a whiskey kind of girl"

"ha, there's a lot of things you don't know about me butler"

"touché. i can't wait to find out though"

A light laugh escapes me as i slowly sip my drink trying to avoid eye contact.

A few moments later the show begins, a wonderful band enters the stage and play all the best 50's hits. I smile and hum along to all my favorites. Every so often i catch Austin looking over at me and laughing at my impromptu lip syncing.

About an hour later the show is over and i feel him rise out of the seat and offer his hand to me. I take it and we walk out of the lounge.

"so where to next?"

"what do you mean?"

"where would you like to go now? you are far to dressed up to just go up to your room and go to bed at 9:30. How do you feel about dancing?"

"Ha! that's a joke right? i'm fairly certain you watched me trip over my own feet getting out of an elevator"

"don't worry, i'll make sure you don't fall. So? What do you say?" He had a certain impatient and playful tone to his voice as he bounced back and forth on his feet

I pointed a finger directly at him. "if i fall and make an ass of myself i'm taking you down with me"

His laughter booms out through the lobby and he takes my hand in his walking me out the doors to the valet out front, "i promise you it will be okay. if i can help it i'll never let you fall sweetheart"

I shake my head at him as we approach the valet stand. The young guy goes to get Austin's car and my mind wanders again...

"i'll never let you fall sweetheart" Little did i know how untrue those words would become.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hi!! literally nobody is reading this but i'm still having fun writing for myself and the few people who stumble upon this. The next chapter will be Cami and Austin at a jazz club dancing to there heart's content. they get to know each other so much more and Cami makes a surprising realization about Austin.
Love you! C